“Steaks”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Reviewed March 8, 2019 via mobile

We just wanted to have a simple dinner including a steak. That we got. Excellent starters and to order steaks.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 1, 2019

My husband had the whale and Puffin prix fixe menu with a starter of puffin breast salad, whale steak, potatoe, & veg. It comes with Skyr yogurt which we got to taste and it is delicious. But he wanted the same dessert that came with my meal - chocolate cake with ice cream. My starter was lobster bisque, and the main was a yummy steak (beef).
The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed March 1, 2019

Family meal one evening, we avoided the set menu, and the Puffin and Whale menu and all had different versions of Ribeye. With a dessert to follow it cost no more than the set menu. The steak was done just how each of us liked it, and the service was very friendly and cheerful. Drinks not cheap but its the same where ever you go. Very happy with what we had for the evening.

Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

Went here with friends on a birthday night out, the location makes this restaurant perfect for starting a night out in Reykjavik.

Dinner was nicely cooked but the service topped everything off. Every staff member we spoke to was professional, yet friendly and helpful. Truly made us feel welcome.

Reviewed February 10, 2019

Only so much fish, lamb, and fermented shark that one can take before wanting a nice steak (nothing against the aforementioned items, I enjoyed my meals in Iceland). Hereford fit the bill. Nice menu selection to include puffin and whale for the adventurous (and those not afraid of becoming social pariahs back home).

Decor was nice. Dress Casual atmosphere.

I took the set menu with the lobster soup, tenderloin, and cake. All which were well prepared and well presented.

Service could have been a bit more attentive but was still friendly and professional overall.

I'd happily return on my next visit to Reykjavik and would certainly recommend it to others looking for a steakhouse in a sea of Icelandic restaurants.