“Good steak” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hereford

Hereford
Ranked #111 of 455 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, Scandinavian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Miõborg
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Good steak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

The location is on the main shopping street of Reykjavik. If sitting by the window on the second floor can be watching the people below. The environment was snirtilegt but fremkar raw. Steak was good and the service was quick and decent.

Visited March 2013

Toronto, Canada
“Hereford Steikhus”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

As first time Iceland visitors, we were drawn into the restaurant by the street sign, offering whale and puffin, in front of the restaurant. Staff was friendly and efficient. We'd selected both set dinners and enjoyed them very much. I guess price of the dinner was at par with the rest of the food items in Iceland, which is not cheap. Whale steak tasted like fish and the textures is like a steak. Puffin meat reminds me of duck, with a bit of fishy taste. Overall, I recommend this restaurant.

Tromsø - Rovaniemi
“Best steak ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Was at the Argentinian steak place a few days before, but they are not even close. The interior and stuff might be better in the Argentinian place, but its the food that counts.
I had the best steak ever, no kidding! My wife tried the puffin - it was... ok, but not our taste. She ended up sharing my steak. You can have puffin as starter if you want to taste it.
Steak was made perfect to the second, baked potato just yummy, oh my....

Would for sure go back if I visit Reykjavik again!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Interesting Menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

While in Iceland, my partner and I wanted to try some unique dishes. The only thing we didn't want to try was whale (which Hereford does offer). We saw their menu board located outside and the three course puffin meal sounded interesting. The interior is very nice. We had a view of the street and it was a pleasant place to eat. I ordered a lamb meal and my partner went with the puffin. I did try the puffin- it was okay but the lamb tasted much better to me! It's probably an acquired taste. They didn't offer sangria which was disappointing. You write your order down and then they take that with them so you can specify exactly what you want. The portions are not huge. The price, like most places in Iceland, is expensive. I'd only recommend it if you want to try one of the unique items on the menu, otherwise, you could find lamb at a better price.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Avoid this tourist trap”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

The restaurant consider itself to be a fine one but it has several issues. The interior is worn out and the bathroom is what you would expect in a gas station (no paper towels and a hole in the door). I like beers from the many micro breweries Iceland has to offer but this place only has a handful of the big brands so I had water. I had to wait 10 minutes for a refill of my glass after I asked for it. We had the three course meal that was on offer. I didn't find lobster taste of the lobster soup but there was a fair amount of lobster in it. We where six and half of us discussed the the beef tenderloin wasn't cooked as each one asked for even though you write it down yourself along with your name. The meat was of a poor quality and was not easy to cut. In my opinion a baked potato should be cooked so the skin is tasty but I didn't like the taste of it. The Béarnaise sauce with the meat was good. The desert was OK but the description said "...with berries" and there was only a single strawberry cut in half. The waiters never asked if we liked the meal or if everything was ok, they where probably afraid of the answer.

• 1 of 5 bubbles