“Great guides, wonderful food and the experience of a lifetime on Hornvik Heights and Sights Tour”
Review of Borea Adventures

Borea Adventures
Ranked #4 of 13 Tours in Isafjordur
More attraction details
Owner description: Borea Adventures is based in Isafjordur, the capital of the Westfjords, and offers great selection of outdoor adventures. The company started in 2006 operating sea kayaking, hiking, sailing, skiing, wildlife and mountain biking trips in the pristine wilderness around Isafjordur. Borea adheres to the principles of low impact, sustainable tourism. Our priority is to guarantee our guests enjoyable wilderness experiences in perfect harmony with the environment that supports us.
Reviewed June 27, 2017

Everyone we met at Borea- from the staff that booked our Heights and Sights tour, to our guides (Runar and Joonas), to the crew on the ferry- were fantastic. They gave great guidance on our pre-trip planning. Joonas and Runar set the perfect pace for the group (which included 3 different parties). The campsite is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. And the food (including the packed lunch as well the dinner and breakfast prepared by J an R) was delicious.

We plan to do more tours with Borea. It is a great group of people.

Date of experience: June 2017
Runar K, Owner at Borea Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2017

Thanks for a great review.

We really loved spending time with you guys in the wilderness of Hornstrandir. It's truly a remarkable place that very few get to see.

All the best

"wild camping"
"delicious dinner"
"sea kayak"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"local flora and fauna"
"pod of humpback whales"
"panorama tour"

Reviewed June 26, 2017

Thanks to Borea Adventures, our time in West Fjordland was the highlight of our 10 day trip to Iceland. Five friends and I hiked the Hornvik Heights and Sights with Runar, words and even photos aren't enough to describe the incredible adventure we had. The scenery was beautiful, the hiking wonderful, the birds more than plentiful, the camp comfortable, the food fabulous, and best of all, the crew from Borea was entertaining and totally accomodating. Despite a spell of bad weather, the time spent in the backcountry with Borea was truly remarkable. The day after we returned from the hike, we went to Vigur Island with Runar. Although not as adventurous as our time in Hornvik, it was definitely a great day in the outdoors spent watching wildlife and enjoying te serenity of the island. I highly recommend both trips. Actually, I'd recommend any trip offered by Borea Adventures. They are a top notch company, very customer service oriented and honest.

Date of experience: June 2017
Runar K, Owner at Borea Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2017

Thank Debbie for your kind words.

I really enjoyed the time we spent together. Challenging day where we hiked over the pass in whiteout and cold weather but you all pulled through like champs.

I hope our paths will cross again in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

Isafjordur was repeatedly recommended to visit due to its beautiful location in northwest iceland. I am glad I listened! The activity I chose was ocean Kayaking. Borea Adventures set me up with "Two Fjords" kayak trip with an enthusiastic and energetic guide that pointed out not only the local recent history of the area, but also the tectonic and geological highlights, along with the local flora and fauna. I really enjoyed the discussions.
On my want list was puffins and we saw several by the kayak! We saw seals, eagles, horses, and lots of birds. The water was so clear in places you could see the bottom - beautiful emerald green, blues, with seaweed and urchins. Very nice.
We were lucky with clear blue skies and little wind, and the point had very minimal wave swells.
We stopped for the lunch on shore with delicious sandwiches and sweet bar from the cafe topped off with tea.
There was no hurry and no problem for repeated breaks to just enjoy the day. I would highly recommend this company to help you to better appreciate the Westfjords and the Isafjordur area in particular.
Borea Adventures was great and they also offer hiking and other Kayaking fun that is just right for what you want to see and do.

Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

We did theHornstrandir Panorama Tour today. It was a amazing tour. We saw whales on the boat trip to Hornstrandir, had a really nice hike and crossed Kvisrfjall with awesome views even to the glacier. As we got to Lónafjördur we had a brake in a nicely renovated former farmhouse. While our guides cooked the dinner, we had an other hour to explore the surrounding area where we could observe polar foxes. Carla and Jonas are the best guides, I would recommend honestly! Thanks for this unforgettable day!

Date of experience: June 2017
Runar K, Owner at Borea Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Thanks for a very positive review Muriel.

We agree with that this is a great tour with lots to see and experience. So remote and wild.
I pass this on to Joonas and Ronja.

All the best