“Terrific Two Fjords Kayaking”
Review of Borea Adventures

Borea Adventures
Ranked #4 of 13 Tours in Isafjordur
More attraction details
Owner description: Borea Adventures is based in Isafjordur, the capital of the Westfjords, and offers great selection of outdoor adventures. The company started in 2006 operating sea kayaking, hiking, sailing, skiing, wildlife and mountain biking trips in the pristine wilderness around Isafjordur. Borea adheres to the principles of low impact, sustainable tourism. Our priority is to guarantee our guests enjoyable wilderness experiences in perfect harmony with the environment that supports us.
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

Isafjordur was repeatedly recommended to visit due to its beautiful location in northwest iceland. I am glad I listened! The activity I chose was ocean Kayaking. Borea Adventures set me up with "Two Fjords" kayak trip with an enthusiastic and energetic guide that pointed out not only the local recent history of the area, but also the tectonic and geological highlights, along with the local flora and fauna. I really enjoyed the discussions.
On my want list was puffins and we saw several by the kayak! We saw seals, eagles, horses, and lots of birds. The water was so clear in places you could see the bottom - beautiful emerald green, blues, with seaweed and urchins. Very nice.
We were lucky with clear blue skies and little wind, and the point had very minimal wave swells.
We stopped for the lunch on shore with delicious sandwiches and sweet bar from the cafe topped off with tea.
There was no hurry and no problem for repeated breaks to just enjoy the day. I would highly recommend this company to help you to better appreciate the Westfjords and the Isafjordur area in particular.
Borea Adventures was great and they also offer hiking and other Kayaking fun that is just right for what you want to see and do.

Date of experience: June 2017
"wild camping"
"delicious dinner"
"sea kayak"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"pod of humpback whales"
"panorama tour"
in 4 reviews
"these guys"
"midnight sun"

Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

We did theHornstrandir Panorama Tour today. It was a amazing tour. We saw whales on the boat trip to Hornstrandir, had a really nice hike and crossed Kvisrfjall with awesome views even to the glacier. As we got to Lónafjördur we had a brake in a nicely renovated former farmhouse. While our guides cooked the dinner, we had an other hour to explore the surrounding area where we could observe polar foxes. Carla and Jonas are the best guides, I would recommend honestly! Thanks for this unforgettable day!

Date of experience: June 2017
Runar K, Owner at Borea Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Thanks for a very positive review Muriel.

We agree with that this is a great tour with lots to see and experience. So remote and wild.
I pass this on to Joonas and Ronja.

All the best

Reviewed June 7, 2017

We were lucky to have three days of guided hiking with Borea Adventures in the Isafjordur area and it was a great experience. Our guide, Max, had clearly given a great deal of thought to planning hikes that would give us what we wanted. The experience was personal, it was astoundingly beautiful, it was tailored to our capabilities and it was flexible as far as making last minute changes for weather and circumstances. I would return for more any time!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed October 1, 2016

The Coastal Kayaking Adventure with Borea was one of the highlights of my time in Iceland, as well as one of the highlights of 2016 for me. There were eight of us altogether with the full group and our guides, Sigrun and Orvar, were excellent. They were always quick to point out wildlife and help when needed. They cooked great meals both nights, with the lamb while camping on the north shore of Ísafjarðardjúp being a standout.

Mostly the weather was beautiful and the nature was gorgeous. We were lucky in being able to spot arctic foxes, the white-tailed eagle, a gyrfalcon, plenty of puffin, and we even got up close to a pod of humpback whales (made me a bit anxious at first, but is now ingrained as an extraordinary experience for me). Realize that the weather and frequency of the wildlife is all out of Borea's control, but this is the sort of experience that could happen if the stars align.

We did fight into some fairly heavy wind and swells on the last leg of the trip paddling from Vigur, but our wonderful guides were always close and keeping a watchful eye.

They even went above and beyond after we returned to Ísafjörður and I realized that I had written down the incorrect time for my flight that evening and I only had ~15 minutes until the flight. Orvar raced me to the airport and I was able to catch my flight into Reykjavik that evening. They did not have to do this as it was my mistake, but this really left a lasting impression on me. (Side note - I recommend spending a few extra days in Ísafjörður if at all possible. It is a wonderful town and I very much wished I would have planned another day or two there.)

All in all, 5 out of 5, would do again! Yeehaw!

Date of experience: July 2016
Runar K, Owner at Borea Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2016

Hi hi John,

and thank you for your positive review.

We're glad that you liked our Coastal Kayak Adventure, we do also love it :)

Sigrún and Örvar are two of our amazing guides, which we are proud of.

Hopefully we will see you again in more Icelandic adventures.

Best wishes from the Borea Adventures team

See more reviews
Reviewed September 28, 2016

My 3 friends and I signed up for a guided all day hiking trip in Hornstrandir Nature Preserve. Our two guides were excellent and as a biologist, I was especially happy that they were ok with taking the time to compare notes with me on the various plants we saw. My group especially enjoyed the communal dinner at a historic farmhouse at the end of the day, where we ate an excellent dinner of cod, potatoes and salad prepared by our guides. Breaking bread with folks from around the world and learning more about Iceland during our dinner talk was one of the highlights of our trip to this lovely country. Seeing arctic foxes, eider ducks, and humpback whales topped the day off. Would definitely recommend Borea and would love to do another trip with them someday.

Date of experience: September 2016

Hi hi and thank you for your positive review.

It's great to hear that you and your friends enjoyed the hiking trip with us. We enjoyed having you with us. Hopefully we'll see you in more of our adventures soon.

Best wishes from the Borea Adventures team