Review Highlights
Hornstrandir Panorama tour

Last time I was in Ísafjörður I didn't have enough time for a full-day detour to Hornstrandir. This... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Kim T
Cologne, Germany
One of the best trips!!!

Paddle in the Wild We had 6 very fantastic days in kayak, seeing lot of whales and some of them... read more

Reviewed August 2, 2020
erik584
Lejre, Denmark

All reviews arctic foxes base camp day trip nature reserve panorama tour green cliffs professional guide second half great weather ski tour mountain bike fantastic food rocky terrain boat crew an adventure packing list beautiful nature
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

We did theHornstrandir Panorama Tour today. It was a amazing tour. We saw whales on the boat trip to Hornstrandir, had a really nice hike and crossed Kvisrfjall with awesome views even to the glacier. As we got to Lónafjördur we had a brake in a nicely renovated former farmhouse. While our guides cooked the dinner, we had an other hour to explore the surrounding area where we could observe polar foxes. Carla and Jonas are the best guides, I would recommend honestly! Thanks for this unforgettable day!

Date of experience: June 2017
Runar K, Owner at Borea Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

Thanks for a very positive review Muriel.

We agree with that this is a great tour with lots to see and experience. So remote and wild.
I pass this on to Joonas and Ronja.

All the best

Reviewed June 7, 2017

We were lucky to have three days of guided hiking with Borea Adventures in the Isafjordur area and it was a great experience. Our guide, Max, had clearly given a great deal of thought to planning hikes that would give us what we wanted. The experience was personal, it was astoundingly beautiful, it was tailored to our capabilities and it was flexible as far as making last minute changes for weather and circumstances. I would return for more any time!

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed October 1, 2016

The Coastal Kayaking Adventure with Borea was one of the highlights of my time in Iceland, as well as one of the highlights of 2016 for me. There were eight of us altogether with the full group and our guides, Sigrun and Orvar, were excellent. They were always quick to point out wildlife and help when needed. They cooked great meals both nights, with the lamb while camping on the north shore of Ísafjarðardjúp being a standout.

Mostly the weather was beautiful and the nature was gorgeous. We were lucky in being able to spot arctic foxes, the white-tailed eagle, a gyrfalcon, plenty of puffin, and we even got up close to a pod of humpback whales (made me a bit anxious at first, but is now ingrained as an extraordinary experience for me). Realize that the weather and frequency of the wildlife is all out of Borea's control, but this is the sort of experience that could happen if the stars align.

We did fight into some fairly heavy wind and swells on the last leg of the trip paddling from Vigur, but our wonderful guides were always close and keeping a watchful eye.

They even went above and beyond after we returned to Ísafjörður and I realized that I had written down the incorrect time for my flight that evening and I only had ~15 minutes until the flight. Orvar raced me to the airport and I was able to catch my flight into Reykjavik that evening. They did not have to do this as it was my mistake, but this really left a lasting impression on me. (Side note - I recommend spending a few extra days in Ísafjörður if at all possible. It is a wonderful town and I very much wished I would have planned another day or two there.)

All in all, 5 out of 5, would do again! Yeehaw!

Date of experience: July 2016
Runar K, Owner at Borea Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2016

Hi hi John,

and thank you for your positive review.

We're glad that you liked our Coastal Kayak Adventure, we do also love it :)

Sigrún and Örvar are two of our amazing guides, which we are proud of.

Hopefully we will see you again in more Icelandic adventures.

Best wishes from the Borea Adventures team

Reviewed September 28, 2016

My 3 friends and I signed up for a guided all day hiking trip in Hornstrandir Nature Preserve. Our two guides were excellent and as a biologist, I was especially happy that they were ok with taking the time to compare notes with me on the various plants we saw. My group especially enjoyed the communal dinner at a historic farmhouse at the end of the day, where we ate an excellent dinner of cod, potatoes and salad prepared by our guides. Breaking bread with folks from around the world and learning more about Iceland during our dinner talk was one of the highlights of our trip to this lovely country. Seeing arctic foxes, eider ducks, and humpback whales topped the day off. Would definitely recommend Borea and would love to do another trip with them someday.

Date of experience: September 2016

Hi hi and thank you for your positive review.

It's great to hear that you and your friends enjoyed the hiking trip with us. We enjoyed having you with us. Hopefully we'll see you in more of our adventures soon.

Best wishes from the Borea Adventures team

Reviewed September 17, 2016

We were in Isafjodur for only a short visit on a cruise ship and booked the calm water kayakking tour wnith Borea Adventures. Doing it ourselves was much cheaper than a similar tour booked through the ship
We are senior citizens and hadn't done any kayakking before.
Isafjodur is a very small place and the Borea office was a short walk from the dock.
We were given basic instructions and set off.

On the day we went, there was thick fog, in fact the first tender boat had difficulty finding the port. This added to the magic of the whole experience. At first we could see only a short distance in front of us but by the time we reached the end of the fjord, the mist started lifting and the beautiful scenery was revealed.

My only criticism is that I felt the tour guide would go on ahead without checking our progress often enough and would give explanations without us being all in earshot.

Thia was one of the hightlights of our cruise and I would definitely recommend Borea Adventure Tours. I would love to come back one day and do a longer tour with them

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank PrueLPerth
Runar K, Manager at Borea Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2016

Thanks for your nice review.

We of course teach our guides to stay close with the groups and give good and detailed explanations for everyone to hear. I've sent your review to the guides since we're always trying to improve our guest's experience.

All the best and hope to see you in the future.