Review Highlights
Magical moments thanks to the stellar team at Borea

My small party and I visited the Hornstrandir Nature Reserve on several trips over 2018 and really... read more

Reviewed January 2, 2019
John G
Arctic fox watching in Hornstrandir

It was the end of the season, that day happened to be my birthday, and we were very lucky with the... read more

Reviewed October 1, 2018
EuanG89
Utrecht, The Netherlands

All reviews arctic foxes day trip three days nature reserve boat ride base camp curious seals packed lunch sunny weather wild camping delicious dinner sea kayak highly recommend this trip these guys midnight sun mountain biking starting point
Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

We did the Hornstrandir Panorama tour with Borea Adventures. An hour boat's ride from Isafjördur to arrive in the nature reserve where we climbed the mountain the same way people who used to live there went to exchange milk for other products.
We were unlucky with the weather as we did not see any panorama from the top - only the fog.
We had a good lunch pack with tea and then went downhill again heading for the house.
Due to the weather we did the climb very quickly so we arrived much earlier than usual. This meant we had to wait around the house for 4 hours. This was a bit too much, we would've preferred if pur pick up had arrived a bit earlier.
However, we had a very good trout dinner that was cooked on the premises by the Finnish guy who looks after the house this summer. It was really excellent and amusing to hear the stories he had to tell.
All in all a good trip which is for sure more enjoyable in good weather - so don't forget to order sun when booking ;)

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed June 22, 2016

Borea runs a busy schedule of boat transfers to and from different points on the Hornstrandir peninsula. They were easy to work with, flexible and professional and full of good advice. Transfers are about $100/person/trip and can be purchased minutes before leaving if the boat has space. Look for their alcove in the coffee house or find them on the pier (or online)

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank Brenaj
Reviewed June 14, 2016

We had the most wonderful day kayaking in the calm waters of the Isafjordur harbor with Sigrun of Borea adventures. Having never kayaked before, I was anxious, but Sigrun assured me I had nothing to worry about. She was right. Paddling through the gleaming waters of the fjord beneath towering, snow-dappled, volcanic cliffs is an experience I will always treasure.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed June 5, 2016

We were visiting Iceland in May 2016 and joined a private tour which had already been arranged by others. This was a custom tour which included visits to the Thunderous Waterfalls, and the only golden sands beach on Iceland, and included a packed lunch.
We had two guides with us who were very informative and the tour involved a lot of driving time. This meant that we got to see a lot of the Icelandic landscape, which was still snowy and so was simply wonderful.
We had a good day out, but was probably not good value for money on the whole. If I was to return to Iceland, I would look elsewhere for my next tour.

Date of experience: May 2016
Runar K, Owner at Borea Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2016

Hello there and thanks for joining this custom tour.

I'm very sorry that you think you didn't get the value for your money. We've run this tour many times and always with success. Also our price is cheaper then our competitors.

I would like to hear if you have any further comments on what we could do better.

All the best

Rúnar Karlsson
Lead guide and owner

Reviewed May 19, 2016 via mobile

Sadly I have to say this is the most disppointing tour I have participated during my 2-week trip in Iceland. We had high hopes before we set off, the weather being perfect and the scenery of Westfjords very stunning underneath the cloudless sky, but the experience of the tour we received was very unprofessional and unorganized. When we started we received almost zero guidance on kayaking technique from our guides, even when they saw us clearly struggling in the water; then we were just left paddling aimlessly in the water on our own without any instruction on direction or advice on wild life observation, as they advertised to provide according to their tour description on their website. It was also extremely difficult to seek help from the guides, as during the whole course of the tour they always kept a very long distance from our boat and were constantly chatting among themselves, which made it impossible to get our voices across and to get their attention. I would not recommend this tour to anyone visiting Westfjords as I think it is a waste of your time and I am sure there are plenty of other good options out there.

Date of experience: May 2016
3  Thank Anting C
Runar K, Owner at Borea Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2016

Hello wisp87

I'm very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on our kayaking trip. I would really like to know the date of your trip so we can investigate. We will refund you the trip in full.
Please send us an email to info@borea.is and we´ll sort this out.

All the best