“Gamla bakaríið”

Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Isafjordur
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed November 21, 2017

Lovely old bakery downtown. Have been many times for a quick bite and will revisit. Nice selection of tea.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

The place is cosy, and comfortable. I like the dedoration and of course, enjoy the cakes, the cinamon roll with gale is good, and take some tea. Good choice. Beautiful city.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 23, 2017

This is a wonderful local bakery right in the middle of town. They have a little decorated van with their name on out front so you can not miss it when you arrive in town. You know you are in sweet goods heaven as soon as you walk in the front door. The display cases are filled with every sort of goody, especially chocolate you could want and at reasonable prices. We spent time here enjoying our choices and a hot coffee while we used their free wifi to check our emails. Very friendly service. Don't miss this shop.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

Very good pasteries and cakes. A delicious treat after the Fossavatn ski marathon as they provided treats for the famous post-race cake buffet.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed September 17, 2017

Right across from my hotel. Excellent baked goods. Quaint atmosphere. I waited for about 45 minutes for my van to the airport, and I enjoyed the time sitting in the bakery. After paying Icelandic prices for a week, I was shocked at how inexpensive this place was! Every time I went in there I paid $3-4 for a baked good and a soda, which was unheard of in other parts of the country. Very nice spot. Don't forget to check out the antique car outside.

Date of visit: September 2017