Hotel Keilir
$150
Priceline
Start Hostel(Keflavik)(Great Value!)
$116
All reviewsclose to the airportblue lagoonthai restaurantkeflavik airportthe hotel managersea viewflight was cancelledhard boiled eggsback hometwin bedslast nightminute drivelong flightrental carskyrminutes from the airportyogurt
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We didn't have any reservation so we have been refused in 5 hotels in Keflavik before finding this one! Maybe there was a lot of vacancies because this hotel was not specified in the tourist guides I had...And also, you may pass in front without noticing it so much because the front windows looked as if the hotel was closed...No light was seen... I felt very very lucky when I got my room! And very clean, modern, quiet, well situated on main street, free parking (few places on the street but others behind, although partly in gravel), nice staff, good breakfast (included)... Excellent!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Close to the airport and clean. Very basic room with good free wifi. Not a lot of extras, but the location is perfect for an early flight. Ask for a room on the ocean side and have an unobstructed view of the water. Front desk staff was very helpful and the price as okay for Iceland.

Room Tip: Be sure to visit the Blue Lagoon and enjoy the thermal hot pool.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ronvoyage
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We were looking for a hotel for the last two nights of our stay in Iceland, and wanted to be close the airport. We decided on Keflavik for less cost than Reykjavik, proximity to the airport and Blue Lagoon which we'd decided to save for our last day of just chilling out and gathering ourselves together after 11 day trip, and Hotel Keilir after reading reviews. We wanted something basic, clean, affordable, and we got it. We were happy with the location, ease of parking, cleanliness of room, shower, a TV after 10 days without! and would stay there again on our way in or out of Iceland. After reading reviews, we did request a room facing the bay, and that is what I'd advise. After the street noise from reykjavik, we slept well here. I thought the breakfast was just ok, especially compared to the inns we stayed at, and it did take awhile for someone to appear to check us in when we arrived. Otherwise, Keilir met and even exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: Requested a room facing water. We had no issues with sound, etc. Glancing at other reviews, I'd advise the same.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed here for a single night, after flying into Keflavik late. Check-in was easy, but the hotel is extremely minimalist (even for Iceland). Two twin beds, a Lucite nightstand, and a wastebasket. No table, no chairs, not a single picture on the wall of an (otherwise large) room. It was immaculately clean, but almost sterile. There is a noisy bar across the street, so bring earplugs if you're sensitive to noise. Breakfast was unremarkable: meats, cheeses, skyr. Less lavish than elsewhere, but enough to get us on our way. We came here on a 79 euro Tripadvisor special, which made it a good deal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I only gave this hotel 3 stars(as against 2 stars) because the lady checking me in was very nice and helpful and the rooms was good.However,I had to ask for a glass,rubbish bin and extra pillow(only one given), but this was attended to promptly.The guest computer was not working.The lady was kind enough to give me a room on the second floor overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.However, there was a guy on a quadbike and cars doing donuts on the gravel outside around 9pm so the police were called to remove them(quickly I might add).There was also some noisy guests who I suppopse were intending to celebrate their overnight stay in Iceland. I did get enough rest before my flight and the breakfast was okay, but definitely would not stay in Keflavik again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo