All reviews car rental last night stunning house close to the airport stayed here blue lagoon half the cost next morning perfect stay tea and coffee guest house is nice room cab ride an early flight leave early keflavik airport short drive
Reviewed June 2, 2016 via mobile

Booked a night here before a very early flight. Ended up arriving far later than planned. The owner was really accommodating, waiting up for us. The accommodation itself is lovely, smart, clean, quiet and modern. Our room has a nice view down to the sea which we didn't get to really enjoy. I'd prefer not to share a bathroom but there are several. With people coming and going we never had to wait. Breakfast is self service meaning we could eat at 4am and there was a good selection. Less than 5 minutes drive from the airport. Perfect for airport stopover.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2016

This is a very good place to stay if you have a late night arrival to Keflavik airport. The guesthouse is just a few minutes away from the airport. We arrived around midnight. Since most other guest in the main building were already sleeping we got a free upgrade to a room with a private bathroom in the adjoining building. That way we wouldn't disturb the other guests at the late hour and we could enjoy sleeping a bit longer in the morning. Very thoughtful!

We also booked a rental car with Ace and can definitely recommend renting a car from as well. They offer a great price including the sand and ash insurance. Since it's a family business (father runs the guesthouse, his son the car rental) you won't get tricked into any unforseen costs or unnessecry insurances like the big rental companies tend to do.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2016

We're so glad to have stayed at Ace on our last night in Iceland. (They had us at Ace Annex, the house right next door at Vallaras 19, which has two guest rooms sharing one large beautiful bathroom.) The place was new, modern, clean, and spacious, and they had a little self-serve area with espresso coffee, tea, and cookies (and even apples), and a small refrigerator and a microwave. It was everything we needed after our long trip. It was relatively easy to find, and very close to the airport. Very relaxing and comfortable.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night. Our flight arrived late around midnight and they were so accommodating and had no problems with us getting in so late. It's about 10 minutes from the airport and about $25 USD (cabs are expensive in Iceland). But the guesthouse was worth it! Very inexpensive for what you receive. Clean rooms, clean bathroom, lovely couple who owns it, coffee and a light breakfast. I also bought a hand made wool beanie from the owner. I would definitely recommend!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2016 via mobile

Coming from Australia in May I had pre organised a 4x4 Suzuki Jimny for the week roadtrip down the south coast. My ride was there waiting when I got off the plane, quick inspection of the car and I was away!
These guys couldn't have been any nicer! Great small family run Buissness with really competitive prices
The car got me through snow & gravel roads.. Little small so wouldn't want anymore than 2 people in the car!
Would probably recommend getting the biggest 4x4 your budget could afford as it felt a little unstable in high winds, but all up I would definitely recommend ACE to anyone thinking of heading to Iceland!
Will definitely return