“Great hotel”
Review of Hotel Keflavik

Hotel Keflavik
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Keflavik
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Every thing was perfect on our January visit
Breakfast was very Icelandic
Reception was welcoming and very helpful ,we would ask them questions just to hear their wonderful accents!
If you want to see some real weather visit the iceland coast just a two minute walk from the hotel

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Keflavík for one night, on New Years Night.
The hotel is very welcoming right at the entrance, being an Icelander, I felt I was entering a very cosmopolitan hotel :).

They offer variety of service with gym, solarium and a nice restaurant, to mention a few.
The hotel is very "hotel-like" and the room is a basic hotel room, not very modernly designed or different from other hotel rooms, but it has comfortable beds, spacious bathroom with bathtub and a hairdryer and was very clean and inviting. Information on their service, tours and the area are to be found in the room - which I think was very informative.

But what was the best part was the very friendly attitude of the staff. They were very service minded, chatting and interested in their guests - which I find very important especially here in Iceland where tourism is groven very fast. This kind of attitude is often missing in large hotel, but not here at Hotel Keflavík.

If you need an overnight stay close to the international airport or even want to spend a few days in Keflavík, being close to the airport the Blue Lagoon and the Atlantic Ocean - stay here! You will like it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Stayed for just 1 night in early Dec. Arrived at airport at about midnight and were told to take a taxi which would be paid for by the hotel - which was good as there was no waiting on a shuttle bus.

Check in was quick and friendly and the room was very good - comfortable, well equipped and very clean.

After a good nights sleep, the breakfast buffet really sets you up for the day. There is an amazing choice of things to have with fresh items coming from the kitchen regularly.

This is a convenient hotel for the airport - and we found the owner to be exceptionally customer focused. Would definitely return.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had 1 fantastic night at Hotel Keflavik. The service, professionalism, comfort, and quality were great. Bed was very comfortable. The channel selection was good which I appreciated because after a week in France, I was craving some good American TV :) I notice that I didn't hear my neighbors which is great because I was able to get very good sleep. Most other hotels have terribly thin walls. I like that they offered a hair dryer since I have long hair. I had dinner at their restaurant downstairs and it was wonderful. I had pea soup, baked arctic char with some creamy spinach sauce and potato pancake patties on the side, and apple cake with ice cream for dessert. I was very happy with the meal. The staff at reception were always very polite and patient. I didn't have a clock with me with I kept calling the lobby to ask for the time and then again to ask how to call long distance. I usually ask lots of questions and they did not get impatient with me at all. Can't wait to return to Iceland and to this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We LOVED Hotel Keflavik. It is well appointed and comfortable. Our room was warm and cozy and the breakfast was absolutely amazing. I have never had a breakfast that complete at a hotel. The staff was very warm and hospitable. They let us stay an hour past check out for no extra fee and really wanted to make sure our stay was pleasant. I would absolutely stay here again if I ever have the luck to find myself once more in Iceland.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The breakfast was soooooo good and they had a lot of variety there to choose from! They were curteous and very caring. They went out of their way to drive us to the airport after I got very sick on the airplane the night prior.they were Really nice people!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed for one night after a late arrival. Room was good, not large, but adequate. Breakfast is excellent, and staff friendly and helpful, they even drove me to the bus stop to get my bus into Reykjavik. Included in the price was also taxi from airport, so I was very quick to get there after the plane's arrival.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Keflavik
Hotel Berg
Hotel Keilir
Hotel Keilir
#8 of 9 in Keflavik
Park Inn by Radisson Reykjavik Keflavik Airport

Been to Hotel Keflavik? Share your experiences!