Hotel Keflavik
$91
Hotel Vogar(Vogar)(Great Value!)
$140
Airport Inn(Keflavik)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsjunior suiteblue lagoonclose to the airportsmoked salmonfree taxibreakfast buffethotel restaurantsandwichesbreakfast was amazingearly checkinternational airportbeautiful countrylovely hotelnice bathroomminutes from the airportgolden circlenext morning
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very convenient place to stay near the Keflavik airport.Very clean and nice decorated rooms.Good food and variety of vegtables in breakfast. Good food served at dinner.A good place to start your trip to Iceland.Nice view from rooms.Helpfull staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We will without hesitation recommend this hotel to our friends and family for their fabulous breakfast, comfortable room, and most attentive staff. A special thanks to hotel manager Steinpor Jonsson for his kindness and for taking such good care of us. We'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JacobWagner
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel is ok. It is qualitywise slightly below the Icelandair hotel next door but the prices tend to be lower so I often choose this one over the other (I frequently go to Iceland). I stayed here with my two sons (age 16) in one of the family rooms on the top floor (easily sleeps 3 in one double bed and one large sleeping sofa). It was quiet. The rooms are not spacious so don't plan to spend much time in them. The bed sofa was not made up when we got in (late in the evening) but they fixed it quickly. The personnel is ok.
We stayed here because we went early in the morning to the blue lagoon, before heading in to Reykjavik. I see no reason to stay in Keflavik except if your coming in late and plan to go the blue lagoon, or if you have a really early flight in the morning.
I would not take a detour for the breakfast. It is rather uninspiring (but not bad).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Buyer beware. Only advantage is that the hotel is near the Keflavik Airport. The bad news is that the non-smoking rule is a joke -- we were given 2 different rooms on different floors that smokers were in process of stinking up the floor. When we complained, the front desk person just respond "yeah, well -- people some disregard the smoking policy". But she also had no plans to reinforce the policy.

So, because of the smoking issue, our experience was so bad and it makes it difficult to overlook the other problems with the hotel: Rooms are small, outdated. The hotel is not adequately staffed (see above comment about smoking). The restruarant is small and could not accommodate us. The TV is old. There's no blow dyer. There's no shampoo soap. My recommendation: stay in Reykjavik -- do not stay in this dump of a hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sej1959
Steinþór J, Owner at Hotel Keflavik, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am the Hotel Manager and owner at Hotel Keflavik. I was troubled when readying your review. First of all, i‘m glad that you were able to enjoy one thing about our hotel – the location. Other than that I‘m able to easily notice that you were not so happy with your stay at all.

The smoking rule is no more our policy thena law in Iceland. Smoking bans in hotels , restaurants and bars is first of all an anti-smoking law put in place by the Icelandic government. But we also do have on top of that a non smoking policy with ways of reinforcement for example with a smoking fine of 145 EUR. But you have to understand that this is hard to reinforce by the reception staff that happen to be on the shift during the time of the smoking, and just find out which room just by the scent out on the hallway. They were right, that there are always going to be people who violate the rules – but the only way for the hotel to reinforce the policy and Icelandic law is to have the maids inspect this when cleaning and this is the most effective way to do so.

I‘m sorry that you also felt that your rooms were small and outdated. We have during the last year put hundreds of thousands of dollars into renovation – and as you hopefully could see during your stay in some aspects, for example in tiling on the exterior and more. We have also renovated half of the rooms in the last winter and half of the bathrooms.

It is vital for us to know when you stayed and possibly names and or room numbers so we can investigate this further. I have noticed a booking for two rooms which was on the same date as a smoker problem, these were booked for the 26th of June. Please let me know if that was your reservation. It‘s also important for us to check why there wasn't a hairdryer and other amenities in the room! There should always be a hairdryer and should also be a wall mounted soup which, is hard to understand for me why it wasn't in your room.

But just for your information – there is no competitor of ours which has higher staff/ guest ratio or higher quality TV sets than us.

If you'll anytime stay in Keflavik again - please let me know and we'll try to put something nice together for you and give you an upgrade to compensate for your stay. You can also contact me please at steini@kef.is if youd want to give me some more information about the stay as so we can improve and maybie compensate further

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had an early morning flight, so spent the last night of our break in this hotel which is 5 minutes away from the airport. There is nothing scenic in Keflavik - the hotel seems to be in a busy industrial area. Expect to eat (expensively) in the hotel and do not arrive too early as they do not have any facilities to speak of.
The room was OK, but pricey for what was supplied. The bed was a little small and everything was dated.
The taxi to the airport was organised efficiently - we did not try breakfast because of the early start.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple