“Average but better than the hotel next door”

Park Inn by Radisson Reykjavik Keflavik Airport
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Keflavik
Halmstad, Sweden
“Average but better than the hotel next door”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here one night because I had an early flight the next morning. The hotel is nice. The staff is ok. The room was ok. The only reason I'd stay here again (I have stayed here before with my kids) is if I need to catch an early flight. The breakfast is served early. It is good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Maine, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I spent two nights in Keflavik and this hotel only had a room for me for one night. Why my company did it this way? Who knows. Of the two hotels this was the better of the two. The room was clean and it took me a minute or two to find the lights to the bathroom (hidden behind the door). Then I had to push the phone jack in to make a connection so my phone actually worked. No real complaints except the restaurant closes early and when you're hungry and it's midnight, and no room service, you better have packed a snack. There are many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel needs some help. While the rooms were clean and bed soft, the lamps were from the 80's and the television was a 13" tube (note we stayed in april of 2013). While we didn't stay for the sake of watching TV, we just found the lack of care dissappointing. The dining room was nice. Decent breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Corvallis, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here on the last day of my Iceland trip, mostly to make a long travel day homeward a little shorter. For this, it worked just fine and based on the looks of the other places in town, I'm very comfortable in my choice to stay here.

From my longish trip to Iceland, I had some nights of poor sleep because I wasn't able to make the rooms dark enough to stay asleep; the blackout drapes here were the darkest I found anywhere, making my sleep a little better. Also, my room had an extra blanket/comforter to add some weight. Iceland hotels (all that I've stayed in) use personal-sized comforters instead of sheets and blankets; this felt a little more like home.

In the future, I might stay in Keflavik on the arrival side of my next trip as I usually arrive in early AM and go to sleep to acclimate to the 7 hour time difference (West coast USA). If I do, I'll stay here again and then make a leisurely trip in to Reykjavik.

Room Tip: There are two sections to the hotel; one goes straight up from the lobby, the other is an adjacent c...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

We decided to spend our last night in Iceland close to the airport and to have one last experience of this great county. So we drove to Keflavik to find a hotel, thinking we would find a room fairly easily as we were aware of at least two hotels in the town. We went and looked at the Keflavik Hotel; the outside appearance was so poor, dated and off-putting, we decided to try our luck at Icelandair Hotel in Keflavik. While not perfect, this hotel provided a lot. They have a breakfast buffet that starts at 5am, free WiFi, and a hotel bar and restaurant - basics covered. We booked a deluxe room which was roomier than expected. It was classy and came with all the normal amenities plus a few welcome extras like in-room safe, mini bar, bathrobe and slippers. The bathroom featured an oversized shower head which made showering quite pleasant and relaxing after a long day of traveling.
One thing that also stood out to me was an experience I had with the staff at breakfast the next morning. A family with three young girls came in from a flight and the receptionist showed them the breakfast buffet. But, instead of just showing them, she also asked this couple's young girls what they wanted to eat; knowing what kids want, she asked if they liked waffles. When the girls expressed interest, she instructed the server to make waffles for the girls. This was above and beyond as stis is a self-serve breakfast buffet. This stood out in my mind as good service to a weary Mom and Dad - good job Icelandair Hotels.

Room Tip: Upgrade to deluxe room for extra space
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank wakewan
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

A bit of a run down version of the Icelandair hotels we'd seen. Old fashioned TV that didn't work, plastic moulded bathroom that had seen better days and none of the amenities that had been promised in their booklet. No gym on site, limited covered parking, restaurant only open in the evenings and a very small bar. The town is not great but I think most people would only be staying here to catch and early flight or after a late one. It is a relatively short drive into Reykjavik though and so I would do that for entertainment.

Room Tip: I've put the location as poor, but if you need to be near the airport, it's excellent.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank travellingbluebell
Leiden, Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Nice icelandair hotel close to the airport. which is very convenient if your flight leaves at 7 in the morning. Rooms where large and clean with good beds and spotless bathroom. Excellent restaurant and they serve breakfast at 5 in the morning!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends