“Photos misrepresent this hotel, our room was dreadful”

Park Inn by Radisson Reykjavik Keflavik Airport
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Keflavik
Perth, Australia
“Photos misrepresent this hotel, our room was dreadful”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Please be aware that the photos of that show modern nice plush rooms are not representative of the room you will probably be given especially if you let Icelandair book it as part of a tour ! We went on the northern lights hunt self drive and this dump was our last hotel of the three they booked. Our room was awful, dated, basic beyond belief, with a horrible plastic cubicle shower that I wouldn't even use! We arrived late the night before our early morning flight back home , tired after being lost as the programmed sat nav provided with our self drive did not include directions to this hotel!
. I appreciate that there must be better rooms, but how do you know where you will end up? Also even if we had been allocated a nicer room I would still have been appalled by the mucky entrance and dreadfully stained carpet in the lift. The only thing positive about this hotel is the journey to the airport is short and believe me you will be glad to be going after a night here.
Awful awful awful!!!

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Doncaster
Reviewed September 29, 2012

This was our third stop at an Icelandair hotel and whilst the cost was the same, was quite shocked at the dated rooms and facilities compared to the others. Good help from receptionist for booking on flight the next morning though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Keflavik hotels

Groningen
Reviewed September 24, 2012

nice, but bit old fasion rooms, nice beds. good breakfast. very close to kevlavik airport en free shuttle every half hour. 'slept' at streetside, racetrack in front of the door.entrance doesn't look very attractive

1 Thank JLab78
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stopped her for breakfast after an all night flight from SFO. Many selections, ceral, fruit, cheese, meat, bread, waffles, juice, coffee tea and warm cooked dishes. A welcome stop for us and just what we needed to restore ourselves for the day of exploring...

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I chose this hotel because of it's location close to Keflavik airport. I was a woman traveling alone so I wanted the utmost ease in getting around, and a hotel that looked up-to-date and clean.
My room was modest, very UNdecorated (no frills) but well appointed. I had a twin bed!! But, that's what I expected as I indicated I was one traveler. I thought the service was fantastic. I had some special requests...I really wanted very early check-in, since my overnight flight arrived Iceland at 9 am. They were able to give me my room at 10:00 am when I got there. I didn't have an electric converter they let me use theirs. I thought the restaurant was AMAZING. The food was absolutely wonderful. So good, that I ordered the same salmon, ginger, cucumber sandwich later on that nite through room service! Staff was very friendly. A nice, simple, convienient place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank kris10eleven
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Deluxe room was much nicer than standard room. Deluxe room felt like hotel, while standard felt like dorm room with private bath. Great staff! Let us check-in immediately (hours before check-in time) after red eye flight. Clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Genève
Reviewed August 13, 2012

For a 4 stars hotel... I was really disappointed. Noisy room with a smelly noisy chimney just in front on my window (see my photo). Cold ambiance even with a smiling team.
I got what I supposed to find finally. But expensive for what it is.

Room Tip: Avoid having a chimney as I had just in front on my window: noisy and smells from kitchen.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family