“First time in Iceland”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Keflavik
Greensboro, NC
“First time in Iceland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I chose this hotel because of it's location close to Keflavik airport. I was a woman traveling alone so I wanted the utmost ease in getting around, and a hotel that looked up-to-date and clean.
My room was modest, very UNdecorated (no frills) but well appointed. I had a twin bed!! But, that's what I expected as I indicated I was one traveler. I thought the service was fantastic. I had some special requests...I really wanted very early check-in, since my overnight flight arrived Iceland at 9 am. They were able to give me my room at 10:00 am when I got there. I didn't have an electric converter they let me use theirs. I thought the restaurant was AMAZING. The food was absolutely wonderful. So good, that I ordered the same salmon, ginger, cucumber sandwich later on that nite through room service! Staff was very friendly. A nice, simple, convienient place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank kris10eleven

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Deluxe room was much nicer than standard room. Deluxe room felt like hotel, while standard felt like dorm room with private bath. Great staff! Let us check-in immediately (hours before check-in time) after red eye flight. Clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Genève
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

For a 4 stars hotel... I was really disappointed. Noisy room with a smelly noisy chimney just in front on my window (see my photo). Cold ambiance even with a smiling team.
I got what I supposed to find finally. But expensive for what it is.

Room Tip: Avoid having a chimney as I had just in front on my window: noisy and smells from kitchen.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Duzum

Travelers are raving about these Keflavik hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Spent 4 days in country. The hotel is average. However, the staff make up for it; super friendly and you always feel welcome here. The water pressure in the bathrooms/showers is not great. So, be ready for that. Location of the hotel is ok, but you will want to have a rental car.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Edinburgh
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here thinking it was at the airport. In fact it is a 20 euro taxi ride away. Room was fine: clean if characterless - a word that sums up the hotel. Breakfast was only OK. It cost as much to stay here as the far nicer Icelandair in Akureyri, which was our ultimate destination. I'm sure there must be better value nearer to or within the same distance from the airport - until the on-airport hotel that is being built opens. There is a free taxi service TO the international airport in the morning and there is an express bus to Reykjavik that you can get at low cost from 200 metres up the street.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

I want to point out the Restaurant in this hotel, Vokal. We were delayed from the US, and were given vouchers to stay over by ICELANDAIR. We came to the restauant in the evening, and we were so impressed with all the wonderful dishes. I normally don't go for fish in restaurants, but this was fresh fish made to perfection by higly skilled kooks, and served by skilled weightors. Bravo!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank worldtravelerNorway
PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Spent day in kef. This hotel is easy to get to from airport. We rented a car and drove.
Nice feature is proximity to everything. Breakfast was excellent. Room a bit small, typical european. Yes, the bathroom is all plastic. Clean. Would not stay extended time here, however.

• Stayed March 2012