Hotel Berg
$90
Hotel Vogar(Vogar)(Great Value!)
$140
Airport Inn(Keflavik)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssmall harbourblue lagoonclose to the airportfishing boatsliving roomnorthern lightslast nightmake your own wafflessitting areaporridgenice restauranthot tubkeflavik airportkaffi duustea and coffeean early flighthot drinks
Reviewed September 25, 2013

The building is pleasant, quite clean with comfortable common areas and adequate parking. Our room was clean with a comfortable bed, but the room was very warm, and we were not able to adjust the temperature. We ended up opening a window, but the room never cooled off, even though it was quite cool outside. Breakfast was very good, and the location was very convenient to Keflavik airport for our early flight the next morning. I would be willing to try the hotel again, but would hope to have better success with room temperature adjustment.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel was one the biggest surprises ( on the negative side! ) of my Iceland trip.
I booked one suite with harbour view , for our family of 3, on booking.com many months in advance.
When we arrived I gave my printed confirmation to the men at the reception and he showed our room. But the room was completely different than the one that I have booked!!! The room was smaller ( The suite is a two- level room with big windows looking to the harbour ) , dark, with just one small window looking to the roof... I complained immediately but the men confirmed that this would be our room because the suite was not available... what??? I showed again my confirmation from booking.com for the suite and told that I would not pay the price quoted on booking. com for a dark, claustrophobic room with an old and uncomfortable sofa-bed. He agreed to reduce the price and we , because we had no time to find another option, got the room.
Small bathroom with a glass door ( not much privacy ) and towels with holes !No bed-sheets only a mattress cover.
The breakfast was self-service but the food quality was good.
Good location for the Blue Lagoon and Keflavik airport. We stayed there in the night before our flight and went to the Blue Lagoon ( worth the money spent!!) in the afternoon of our last day in the beautiful Iceland.
Kaffi Duus , few minutes walking from the hotel is a good choice for dinner.
We stayed at 9 hotels during our 10 days trip along the Ring Road. What a pity that we didn't have a good memories from our last night.
My rating is 3 only because the very kind lady at the check-out. If not for her I would give it 2!

Room Tip: If you book a room on booking.com , I advice you to confirm before arrive.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank margarida
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels we stayed at in Iceland, five minutes from Keflavik airport and situated on a quaint harbor.

Owners very friendly, professional, hotel is well equipped and comfortable.

Breakfast is average, nice sitting room with self serve cappuccino machine.

Shuttle service to the airport available, somewhat expensive for lodging.

Keflavik is in need of good restaurants.....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We arrived on a very windy, chilly, rainy/sunny day in late August and walking into the coziness and warmth of the Hotel Berg was a delight. The hotel is both modern and homey - a rare combination. We felt as if we were guests being welcomed into their home. There is a large sitting room available, with comfy couches, books to read, a fireplace, and large windows to watch the weather go by. Our room was very modern, clean and comfortable with great internet. And to top it off - a great breakfast in the morning! We didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Redsky13
Reviewed September 19, 2013

After a 10 day trip around Iceland, my husband and I were lucky enough to spend our last night in the country at Hotel Berg. We were in a room that had a living area on the main floor and then a set of steps up to a loft where the bed was under a skylight. We were utterly enchanted at how there were so many luxurious touches, such as the throw blankets at the end of the bed and on the couch. Everything Hotel Berg offered was well thought out and well designed.

It is a family run hotel, but very modern yet homey in decor. And the breakfast (included) was by far the best thing we had in our myriad stays around Iceland. I would highly recommend a stay here either at the beginning or end of your stay in Iceland (or both!). They also provide complimentary rides to and from the airport.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #1, which was 2 levels and awesome!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple