Museum of Icelandic Sorcery & Witchcraft
Open today: 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
gruesome stories and folklore

definitely for a niche audience. Lots of information. One of us waited outside and didn't regret... read more

Reviewed September 3, 2018
NJFamilyAdventures
Princeton, New Jersey
Weirdly gruesome but fascinating

When I went in to the museum part of the building, I wondered why there were so many people sitting... read more

Reviewed August 21, 2018
country-girl-heart
Glasgow, United Kingdom

All reviews great restaurant out of the way interesting place interesting exhibits worth a stop two floors definitely worth a visit witch trials small town take your time local history cake cup of coffee guide book the guidebook t shirts subject matter
Reviewed July 6, 2013

7 hrs of driving I would love to have back. Interesting information which reading it was more enjoyable then the seemingly manufactured items.

2  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and myself went to Strandir to visit Holmavik and Djupavik ending up at Krossneslaug and the old abandoned factory in Ingolfshöfdi. This museum was a real highlight which competed more than well with the other attractions, not to say a real must if you are in the area. The owner is not only a dedicated geocacher but also an even more competent expert in the area of witchcraft and sorcery. Unfortunately we had already had our breakfast so we did not taste the mussels but we will when we visit the next time. Holmavik and its surroundings are also well worth a visit.

2  Thank Jörg W
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is not just a tourist stop for a giggle about sorcery and witchcraft! A comprehensive anthropological look at witchcraft and folklore in the amazing West Fjords region. Yes, it may scare the pants off a five year old (the 'Tilberi' sent ours packing to the beautiful outside deck to pet the resident cat) but plenty to amaze and educate one skeptical phd scientist (who didn't want to come in but was certainly glad he did) and his partner. Many many thanks to the staff who listened to my daughter's stories about every cat she has ever known while we continued to soak in the exhibits. I repeat....the staff at the museum are truly truly magical. Our daughter is much like a cat herself and doesn't often hang out with 'strangers' except the special ones ;) The stop at The Museum Of Icelandic Sorcery and Witchcraft was surely one of the highlights of our stay in Iceland. Stop in, really well done!

2  Thank Heidi B
Reviewed June 23, 2013

not a very busy day in this little village of Holmavik. Previously I visited the sorcerer's cottage a bit further up in the Fjords and was advised to make a stop at the museum of Sorcery & Witchcraft. I read every single bit of comments and enjoy the very informative visit. The staff was very helpful and friendly and I appreciated the home made waffle. The place is also well known for its mussels.
a stop is a must.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great little museum with a wicked sense of humour. Friendly staff and particularly appealing giftshop items. Open til late and free Internet! Just wish it had even more displays. The necropants are a highlight and make sure you see the invisible boy...or not as the case maybe...

1  Thank PaulieWalnuts25