“2 bedroom/2 bath family room”

Norourey Hotel Reykjavik Road
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Hafnarfjordur
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Our family of 4 adults and one child really liked the family room at this hotel. We had two bedrooms with two baths/showers.
We found this arrangement was perfect for getting everyone out in the morning.
The breakfast was ample and had a variety of foods.
The room was very clean. We had no complaints about staying there and would certainly go back.
The location was fine for us since we had a rental car and I felt that getting around to the different locations was a little easier than if we had stayed in Reykjavik.
The beds were comfortable.
We didn't require any service and only asked a few general questions from the staff. Everyone spoke English very well.
The cost was about $1000 (US) for 4 days, which was probably a value for Iceland.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank porterjames2
There are newer reviews for Norourey Hotel Reykjavik Road

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here on a recent school visit. Kids loved the hotel, great rooms, especially the apartments. Friendly and helpful staff, lovely food served for dinner and breakfast. Reasonable packed lunches. Nice and quiet hotel (even with 50 school girls staying there!). Very fast wifi even with all the kids using it!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank missjohns
Reviewed July 18, 2014

I chose this hotel for the price and the fact it had private en suite bathrooms and free wifi. It is situated about 12 K out of Reykjavik but the bus ride is very easy and convenient as well as cheap. I was traveling alone to see some sights for a brief 2 night stay. The desk service was polite and helpful throughout the stay. They will give you an early morning wake up, book tours ,answer endless questions and make sure your flybus is called and booked for your return flight. They a also allowed me a few hours late check out which enabled me to take a trip into Reykjavik and see more sights. Breakfast was a very good continental breakfast with great coffee ,lovely fresh rolls a selection of meats and cheeses, waffles and skre-overall very good breakfast. For the price I paid in Iceland I was not expecting much at all but this little hotel delivered and was perfect for what I wanted.Excellently clean room, great wifi and even a small flat screen TV.Great.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 232 a single standard and it was perfectly acceptable and very clean- small of cour...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank berdiep
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week during our holiday. Breakfast was not super, but still all what we needed. The staff was superb, allways helpful and smiling. Helped us in all our requests with good solutions all the way. I wouldn't hesitate to come back some time. :)

2  Thank Norvoll
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had a very disappointing experience with the Hotel Hafnarfjordur. The front desk tried to pull a fast one by downgrading our room from superior singles to twins. When we rejected this, there were all kinds of excuses (we really did not understand why) and then we finally go the rooms we booked. But quite frankly, this hotel does not deserve the high score it has gotten from Trip Advisor. First, there is nothing like walking down the hallway with absolutely filthy carpeting on the way to your room! The front desk staff is rude and not helpful. The town where it is located is an absolute pittance. We wish we spent the night in downtown Reykjavik. I really wouldn't wish this hotel on any of my friends or family -- stay away.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
8  Thank World_Hiker_Dallas
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The only way to describe this hotel is a dorm or hostel that claim to be hotel. The room is one relatively large space packed with beds all around with a kitchen cabinet as part of the same space. Luckily, the bathroom is separated from the rest of the room. Breakfast is minimal in a basement hall, with no windows, that once again gives the impression it is actually a dorm. It is far from the airport (30 minutes ride) or downtown (similar distance) in an industrial zone. If it wasn’t our last night in Iceland before catching an early morning flight I would go and look for somewhere more decent than this property.

Room Tip: The best advice is to look somewhere else. If you want to be close to the airport there are options...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank LetsGoPens_10
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I returned from my first trip to Iceland just a few days ago. My flight arrived at 6:15 a.m., and I arrived at the hotel around 9 a.m. Despite check-in not beginning until 2 p.m., they did their best to get me into my room as quickly as possible, and had me in my room by 10:30 a.m.; something they did not have to do. The room was clean, comfortable, and the staff....fantastic! The front desk staff were very helpful in making arrangements for the tours I was interested in. I used Reykjavik Excursions for all the tours I went on, and they provided complimentary pick-up and drop-off at the hotel for all their tours. The breakfast is very good, but you won't find scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage. But that wasn't a big deal since what they did have was very good. If you like Taco Bell, there is one just around the corner, and Subway is about 1/4 mile down the street. Would I stay here again? Absolutely! A terrific value!!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mike H
Haukur B, Manager at Norourey Hotel Reykjavik Road, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam

We are pleased to hear your positive feedback for our hotel. We put effort on personal service and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at our Hotel.

We are also happy to hear that your trip to Iceland was enjoyable, and we welcome you again to our Hótel Hafnarfjörður.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hafnarfjordur
Viking Village Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mosfellsbaer
Hotel Smari
Hotel Smari
#2 of 2 in Kopavogur

Been to Norourey Hotel Reykjavik Road? Share your experiences!