I had a flight cancelled and had to extend my stay at the hotel. They were extremely friendly and helped with my situation (although my rate went up for the additional stay). Things to note:
1) it is between Reykjavik and the international airport so perfect to start or end your trip
2) it has been updated and has clean, simple, and generally small rooms
3) don't expect high end amenities in your room
4) i stayed in two different rooms: the first was a kitchenette in the main building and was very quiet, the second was a room over the wing of the hotel that is above the burger joint next door. The burger place stays open until 11PM, the staff cleans for a while later, they clean pots with water jets, after cleaning then chit chat in the back while catching a smoke. One guess on why I know that. Not a quiet second room.
On a side note. I smelled cigarette smoke one time and mentioned it to the manager. He immediately went door to door through the whole wing looking for the smoker and warning each room not to smoke or get thrown out. I've never seen hotel management act so quickly or firmly. He never found them, but it stopped. Those European retirees. They just don't like rules.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Hafnarfjordur is a newly build three-star hotel in the capital area of Reykjavik. The centre of the harbour town, which is famous for its stories about elves and mystical beings, is just short distance away. The hotel is the ideal choice for independent travellers, companies and families for both long and short term stays. The hotel has a friendly atmosphere aims to make guests feel comfortable and to give them a home away from home.We offer 71 deluxe and soundproofed guestrooms with beautiful furniture. The range of accommodation is spacious, bright and well-equipped. The hotel is a non-smoking hotel with non-smoking rooms only. Many of the rooms provide a kitchenette with a microwave oven, a toaster, a refrigerator and all other necessary cooking utilities.Unfortunately we do not have a proper restaurant but if you wish we can recommend you some good ones which are nearby.Hafnarfjordur is Icelands 3rd-biggest community. Hafnarfjordurs harbour is just 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Here you can take a walk and enjoy the sunset. The town has its own culture and entertainment and hosts an annual Viking Festival plus the Bright Days Festival and the Christmas Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Hafnarfjordur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.