“Awesome company, awesome experience”

Dive Iceland - Diving and Snorkeling in Iceland - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: DiveIceland offers diving and snorkeling tours in Iceland. We go to most popular and some exclusive diving destinations. Of course, we dive Silfra, the top three diving destination in the world. We offer small groups, new gear and personal attention to quality. If you would like to dive or snorkel Silfra, the rift between the continents, DiveIceland is the company to go with. We offer pick-up services in the greater Reykjavik area.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We snorkeled the Silfra Fissure and had an absolutely incredible time. Our guides were funny, knowledgeable, and so helpful! There were a lot of people on the tour but they made it feel like there were only a few people there. You can tell that they really enjoy what they do and that they love to share these experiences with other people. I would highly recommend them!

1  Thank lrroni06
"unique experience"
in 14 reviews
"great visibility"
in 6 reviews
"the water is crystal clear"
in 5 reviews
"explained everything"
in 5 reviews
"personal attention"
in 4 reviews
"hot chocolate and cookies"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Very friendly and helpful guide. Great experience overall, of course the amazing dive water at Silfra did a lot to it. Had over 100 m sight under water. So happy they sent a link to underwater pictures afterwards too! =D

1  Thank diveez
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

A friend told us about this activity before we came to iceland, and it ended up on the must-do list. I love snorkeling and my husband is a diver, so it was perfect that we could both go during the same tour.
The folks at Dive Iceland are amazing! My husband has a neoprene allergy and they spent a very long time working with us to figure out how he could gear up for the dive. Countless emails and questions were answered quickly and without attitude, they were so helpful I can't thank them enough. We ended up stopping in the dive shop in Reykjavik the morning of our tour to make sure he could wear one of the dry suits fitted with latex seals (instead of neoprene seals) and all was well.
We met up at the Info Center in Pingvellir at 5pm, and everyone went over to the dive lot to gear up. There were about 7 divers and maybe 15 snorkelers. The guides are amazing and friendly and helpful. You wear thermals and thick socks and put on an insulation suit before the big heavy dry suit. You will also put on neoprene mittens and hood. Warning: you may feel claustrophobic in the suit, but once you are in the water you are good to go.
It was a rainy day, but maybe all the better to be in the water. Swimming through the fissure is really incredible, although there are no animals, the neon green algae and the rock formations are amazing to look at. For me, the snorkeling was peaceful, quiet, beautiful, and we barely had to kick our fins. You end up in a large shallow lagoon and can swim about for awhile.
My only comment would be that the snorkelers should be able to do a second circuit through. One time was pretty quick, and I was waiting quite a while for my husband as the divers do two runs through the fissure with a break in between. I would have gladly jumped right back in and swam through a second time!
Overall, I can't recommend Dive Iceland enough. They were absolutely first class, all of the staff were knowledgable and friendly.
Remember to tip your guides! They deserve it! Even though tipping in restaurants doesn't happen in Iceland, it is a must for tours. We will be back! And hope to see other sites next time. Thank you!

1  Thank Reebs41
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I did the Silfra one-day-tour and went diving at Silfra in Thingvellir National Park. Val was a great instructor, met him at a café in the park and then we drove together to the dive site. While driving, he explained a couple of things to the historic site. The ride ends at a parking lot where you prepare your dive and change clothes. This place is as at many dive sites: a parking lot outside, with some restrooms. Not the most comfortable, but when going diving in Iceland you should not expect tropical conditions ;-)
I was the only participant in the tour since is was pre-season, so Val explained the necessary things about dry-suite-diving, since I never tried this before. But is easy, as I experienced later on. After preparing everything we dived in this great location with incredible visibilities and amazing underwater scenery. Great. In the break between the two dives Val served coffee and tea. He furthermore showed some tricks on how to be less cold in the second dive despite your wet gloves. Altogether he was very caring about everything and it was very nice and uncomplicated. Also great is the he took pictures the whole two dives, after exchanging email-adresses you can ask for the pictures and they are offered you to be downloaded. Great tour, I definitely recommend it!

1  Thank O G
See more reviews
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We did Kleifervatn dive. This dive is a bit of the radar of most divers coming to Iceland considering Silfra (which is of course a must). But this is also a 'only in Iceland' experience because where else can you dive a thermoactive lake? Having all those bubbles around you. Amazing. Afterwards he took us on a tour to see the activities in the area, great addition to get the complete picture.
We dived with Val who was a great and patient guide. The scubapro suits they use are great to handle even for someone who never did a dry suit dive before. Way better then those large standard dry suits.

I'd book again with these guys.

1  Thank Martin R

Travelers who viewed Dive Iceland - Diving and Snorkeling in Iceland - Day Tours also viewed

Reykjavik, Capital Region

Been to Dive Iceland - Diving and Snorkeling in Iceland - Day Tours? Share your experiences!