Dive Iceland - Diving and Snorkeling in Iceland - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 12 Tours in Hafnarfjordur
More attraction details
Owner description: DiveIceland offers diving and snorkeling tours in Iceland. We go to most popular and some exclusive diving destinations. Of course, we dive Silfra, the top three diving destination in the world. We offer small groups, new gear and personal attention to quality. If you would like to dive or snorkel Silfra, the rift between the continents, DiveIceland is the company to go with. We offer pick-up services in the greater Reykjavik area.
Library, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Brrrrr!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had a great time diving, This is a one of a kind dive like no other. The water is cold at first but was fine after a few minutes, don't let it scare you. I had never used a dry suit and our guide was helpful in showing me how. The dive was only the guide and one other diver so a lot of attention. They gave us dozens of pics at the end. Overall had a great time.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Alexa R

London, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Brilliant Diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We've had a fantastic couple of dives in Silfra with Dive Iceland. A unique experience, quite unlike anything else, and provided safe in the knowledge that our guides were the most experienced in Iceland. We were very well looked after, in a small group, with complementary hot chocolate and snacks provided along with photos of the dive. Very professional and friendly and highly recommended.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Zigster280
Herning, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Unique diving”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Before we went to Iceland we decided that we would do the Silfra diving.
It lived up to all our expectations and was just absolutely amazing and a very unique dive.
We had around 70 m visibility underwater on a bad day. Its normally around 100 m.
I will recommand all divers to try this dive.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank RonniBunk03
Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Otherworldly...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Water so blue it seems almost incandescent... so clear its hard to tell the distance to the shore... so cold my face went numb ;)

I would sincerely say that Silfra is a must for anyone who comes to Iceland and has a diver's licence.

This was truly unforgettable! Special thanks to Val!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Natalia Y
Jersey, United Kingdom
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Cold water, clear views, great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Was lucky enough to be taken out diving on a one-to-one basis as there were no other divers booked for the day. It was nice as I saw other dive companies at Silfra with lots of divers / snorkelers in their groups. We went in between groups, so it appeared as if it were only myself and Val - who took lots of photos on the Go Pro camera (which I received about a week later) and helped me don the dry suit. Despite not having any experience in a dry suit, the two dives went well although I did bob to the surface a couple of times. It is not necessarily a deep dive as you get colder as you go deeper, and there is no benefit to go deeper and you have to go quite shallow to pass some parts. The water was absolutely clear and fresh. The dives were just under 30 minutes each - enough for the temperature of 2C. The surrounding scenery is beautiful and I was given some time to walk around and take pictures. It is a few minutes walk back to the car park from the end of the dive, so be prepared to walk with your gear on. I used the same tank for both dives and stayed geared up for the short gap between dives. Go to the bathroom at the briefing point before you get to the dive site! All EXCELLENT and an experience not to be missed... the only small negatives were:
My fingers on one hand were terribly cold - think previous divers biting the fingers to get the gloves off had worn the ends a little. No biscuits or snacks, and black coffee - no milk. Really expensive dive, with whichever company you go with.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Badbushka

Travelers who viewed Dive Iceland - Diving and Snorkeling in Iceland - Day Tours also viewed

Hafnarfjordur, Capital Region
Reykjavik, Capital Region

Been to Dive Iceland - Diving and Snorkeling in Iceland - Day Tours? Share your experiences!