Viking Village Hotel
Hotel Vellir(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
$199
Nordurey Hotel Reykjavik Road(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
$198
$187
Travelocity
$118
$93
T10 Hotel Iceland(Hafnarfjordur)(Great Value!)
$100
Lava Hostel(Hafnarfjordur)
Route 1 Guesthouse(Hafnarfjordur)
Vibrant Iceland Hostel(Hafnarfjordur)
Arahus(Hafnarfjordur)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsviking villagehot tubthemed hotelthe cottagesnorthern lightswooden furniturerestaurant foodbreadrestaurant next doorthe busfood was lovelyporridgebreakfast roomrotten eggsa lovely stayblue lagoonlast night
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Two years ago I was looking for something special outside of Reykjavík and closer to the airport. And I found this hotel - the hotel Viking. Whenever I come to Iceland now I stay here.
The rooms are very unique, nice and clean. The hot pot in the back is nice to relax the muscles after a long walk and with a little luck you might even see the northern lights while relaxing in the warm water.
The staff is really nice and if you have a problem they do everything to help.

The smell of the hot water was a bit hard to get used to at first, but it is straight from the nature so it is part of Iceland. And there is always the possibility to make hot water in the room for a tea or for brushing the teeth.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Trudy D
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We stayed here 1 night, before we took our flight back to US. I agree with previous reviewers: the hot tub is dirty - bugs and leaves and dirty and the hotel decor is bit over-the-top Viking themed. I can see where kids would like it, but adults traveling without kids can do better then stay here. The woman receptionist in the evening was friendly, the man during the dayshift - not so much. The breakfast was probably the lowest quality of our trip, but was ok. I guess that is the best description of the place - adequate, wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Not the friendliest, cleanest or most affordable, but at least the kitchiest.
The kids loved it.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Anna L
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We travelled as a couple in july 2011 and stayed in the viking village hotel. I would definitely recommend this place although it's not quite in the center of the reykjavik. This can also be a good thing because it was very quiet to sleep at nights. ( I don't know it the same can be said on some of the hotels in the center).

The room we had was big and clean. The breakfast was simple but very good. Staff was friendly. Hotel has also some free parking spots which is great if you are traveling by car. There is one free computer to be used for free internet in the lobby. There was no free wifi in the rooms as what I was aware of.

The only slight negative was that there is a sauna / outdoor dipping-pool but these did not seem to be functioning at the time we were there.

The viking theme in the hotel / restaurant can appeal to some people or you could find it a bit tacky. Great hotel for the value anyway.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Viking themed hotel whose viking wannabbees spilled out from the viking restaurant loud and fairly inebriated at all hours of the night. They then all seemed to leave at around 430am so the best you could be assured of was around 4 hours sleep if you were lucky. The hot tub is revolting - when we were there the large ugly flies were taking up too much space for humans to have a go. The rooms are certainly not "luxurious" by any standard. Don't wash to vigorously in the shower as your elbows will be bruised and battered as the space is so small. You only get one small bath towel, so ladies if you want to wash your hair as well as your body then you're in touble. The owner is a miserable and unhelpful hindrance to the hotel. I got to the breakfast room around 710 one morning (it opens at 7) tried to get a coffee but the machine had not been switched on. I said not one word, but he came and told me that if I wanted a coffee, why hadn't I made one in my room. How I didn't beat him up by this stage I'll never know! Given our party had booked I believe 9 rooms for a business meeting over 3 or 4 days we were attending in the town, one whould have thought he would have shown some courtesies to us - but this was not to be. And if you arrive when the viking stuff is going on opposite, you can't get into hotel and you have to wander round trying to find someone to let you in. All in all a pretty dire experience, which culminated in all our party being charged over the rate we have first been quoted. It would have been nice, in line with all other DECENT hotels in Iceland, to have had black-out blinds at the windows, as if you are not used to it, it is difficult to sllep through a night time of daylight. Not only were there no black-outs, my curtains didn't even meet in the middle! An experience I shall not be repeating.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business