“Highlight of Iceland/Outstanding Service”
Review of F-Stop Tours

F-Stop Tours
Ranked #5 of 14 Tours in Hafnarfjordur
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highlight of Iceland/Outstanding Service”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Michael came highly recommended, and it took no time at all to see why.
He is an expert; a highly knowledgeable and articulate guide. As a former resident of the US, Michael was a warm welcome to a pair of childhood best friends (one from Texas and one from New York) on a cold and windy morning as we set off on our first tour. We chose to do the Golden Circle and South Shore tour. He let us move at our own pace, spending extra time at the black sand beach, were I took a moment to relive Bon Iver’s “Holocene” music video. A highlight of the trip!
Michael added an extra dimension to Iceland, one that is unique to him. Touring with him felt like we were on the VIP list; his undivided attention was all ours. He provided thoughtful answers to each question we asked, whether reasonable or somewhat obscure.
We spoke of nature, music & cinema. I felt like I was traveling with an old family friend, and I hope to travel with Michael again in the not too distant future.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Liv A

Arvada, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“So glad Mike was available”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We visited Iceland in September and we were so pleased that Mike was available to take us on tour. He picked us up at our apartment, took us on the "Golden Circle" Plus tour (my name for it), answered questions, found places to stop when we wanted to hike and/or take pictures. Our daughter loves photography, and Mike also discussed photo opportunities and offered advice based on his experiences. We were able to allocate our time at each stop that day the way we wanted to, which is not possible on a large tour and the cost was not that much more. This was our best spent money while we were in Iceland!

Visited September 2012
3 Thank M L
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Michael provided our party of four with outstanding service, going the extra mile to help assure that our Iceland experience helped us understand Iceland and its history. He has an extensive knowledge base regarding the country and all of the places we visited. Our tour was customized because we wanted to see some places relevant to our family's genealogy. It included many locations near Reykjavik. Michael did research beforehand to make sure we visited key points of interest to us. Michael has a relaxed, open personality. We felt we were friends by the end of our tour. He arranged for a nice place for us to have lunch. I would highly recommend Michael as a way to be sure your trip to Iceland leaves you feeling you understand this country and its history, culture, geography, etc,-- and that you have a good time! One day with Michael is excellent. I feel two would have been even better.

Visited July 2012
3 Thank PaulLongname
Washington DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best day we spent in Iceland”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

After spending a long day on one of the large bus tours I tracked Michael down via email and was thrilled he had a day available for my husband and I. We added 2 friends and the 4 of us had an incredible Golden Circle tour. His knowledge of Iceland is exemplary and his easy manner made it a pleasure to spend the day with him. He was always willing to let the photographer of our group get the shot she wanted and answered my husbands many questions as quickly as he asked them, adding background stories that only someone who has lived in Iceland for years would know. Thank you thank you Mike for the nicest day we spent on our Iceland vacation!

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Lisa O
ft myers
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Mike was Great”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It took a lot of culling to find Mike and was VERY pleased to find he was available. Coming off a ship, I didn't want to wait for the slowest person on the cruise tour bus so we found Mike. Not only did he personalize the tour to our scheule and still include everything, he made dinner reservations and dropped us at the restaurant.
Mike is very knowledgeable, funny, and if you keep at him you will learn a very interesting history of himself and wifes experiences.
Did I mention HE COST LESS THAN THE CRUISE LINES PROVIDER - AND HE IS JUST PLAIN BETTER.
Thanks for a great day. Of course 75 degrees and sunny in September didn't hurt!

Visited September 2012