All reviews local swimming pool private bathroom the kitchen great location centre hill bed breakfast shower town
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

Just up the hill from the main area of town, which is also just down the street from the local swimming pool. Very walkable location. I like to start off on the positives, other than location, there is free street parking, free coffee and tea in the entry way, and quick response when asking for an extra pillow.
Unfortunately, I didnt read the description well enough when booking and thought I was getting an ensuite room. Nope, my room came with a shower. The toilet is across the hall. Makes things a little awkward. Plus, my room was right next to the kitchen. I was planning on sleeping in, but due to the location of the room, I was woken up by dishes being loudly cleaned/put away from breakfast at 8am. And the sheets on the bed were stained and between the flat sheet and fitting sheet, didnt seem like they were clean. There were bits of debris of some sort.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2018

Day 11 of 14. We stayed for one night at FE Accommodation and can recommend it. We had a ground floor room with ensuite and it was very comfortable. The breakfast was simple but perfectly adequate. Thank you.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2017

Overall I think this was a very pleasant place to stay. Very clean, adequate breakfast (continental), VERY CLOSE to the main town. We have a double room at the front of the house which was big enough and had a private bathroom. The only downside was that the door to the room was right beside the main check in desk, although have to say it was not really noisy at all. The front room on the main floor has large windows on two sides but unfortunately it also meant that anyone coming into the house could see right into our room. The bed was very very comfortable indeed. Parking is not problem on the street outside. As with most rooms in iceland it was a little too warm for me but there was no heating on. There was one small window to open but it meant you had to have the blind open and again the problem of people seeing into your room. We did have a small visitor one day (cat) that had come in the window. Wifi was included and secure.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2017

Centrally located just up the hill from the main area of Akureyri and a 2 minute walk from the local swimming pool, FE Accommodation is a great place to stay. Our room, an upstairs corner room, was spacious with a large bathroom. The bed was extremely comfortable and there was a great view from both windows. Gisli our host was helpful, friendly and we enjoyed our conversations with him. Breakfasts in the charming and colourful kitchen were delicious and filling. Coffee was excellent as was the fresh bread that Gisli made each morning.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2017

I had a lovely and large corner room with windows on 2 sides on the top floor of the house. The bathroom was en-suite and recently renovated. And the room was well equipped with a desk, small table with 2 chairs, a large wardrobe, TV and a armchair for relaxing. Everything was spotless clean and well-maintained. Across the hall was a small kitchen, but with a fridge, microwave, coffee maker and water boiler. The same goes here, clean and everything worked fine. I am just saying this because in other guesthouses where I stayed there was always something defect, like lamps not working, the shower inundated the whole bathroom and so on. Here everything was kept in good condition. Wifi was good and password-protected, which is always safer. Location of the house is just above the centre of Akureyri. It is steep uphill, but it is only a 5 minutes walk. You can park your car on the street or on a small car park across the street. And on top the owner was very friendly and on arrival you get a paper with tips on what to see and do in Akureyri. A really nice place to stay.

Room tip: room on the topfloor, great views and more quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled solo