“3-Day Trip - Amazing experience !”

Viking Rafting - Day Trips
Book In Advance
More Info
$130.61*
and up
Family Rafting Day Trip from Hafgrímsstaðir: Grade 2 White Water Rafting on the...
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Akureyri
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the newest face of north Iceland's original rafting company, now 100% owned and operated by the same guides that take you down the river everyday! Our passion for paddling is stronger than ever, as is our commitment to providing the most fun and professional service in the industry. We invite you to join our smiling guides for the ultimate river adventure in Iceland!
Reykjavik, Iceland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“3-Day Trip - Amazing experience !”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I work in tourism myself and had been willing to do this trip for a long time. After a hard and long summer, me and a few friends decided to book this trip (just want to precise that we paid for it and this was not a promo tour) to celebrate the end of the season. I will not spoil anybody's trip by telling you in detail what we did, I will just go straight to the point.
First this is a very complete trip: you get to drive on 4x4 through the highlands to reach the first hut, which is already an adventure with amazing views over the surrounding glacier(s). Then the first day of rafting (2nd day of the trip) is very technical, involving a lot of paddling, while during the second day you evolve in much narrower canyons with big waves and high water.
Secondly the huts they use are of very high standards (and I've been travelling a bit in the country), with some nice add-ons sometimes that I let you discover by yourselves. You really end up in the middle of nowhere, it's important to have some comfort and heat after hours on the water.
Thirdly the service was perfect. Given the fact that you need a guide per raft, + 2 safety kayakers + 1 guide for the equipment raft, there were 5 guides for 9 clients! And those guys don't stop working from 06.00 am until everybody is in bed. They are always making small treats and ensure you don't lack of anything. Food was excellent and I honestly consider, given the remoteness of the locations, that this was very high end, borderline luxury sometimes.
Finally, those guys are just awesome. Relaxed, but on top of things, funny but serious when it's about safety. They just want you to have a good time and even if it's cold, rainy, you always have a smile on your face.
I recommend this trip to anyone. You don't really need any rafting experience to take part in this trip (I don’t), you just need to be a bit fit to be able to paddle for 2 days, and enjoy being in the wild (or in the water for my part). It was cold from time to time, because it was late in the season and mostly during breaks, but as soon as you’re back on the raft you don’t feel anything.

Chris, Deepak, Sujan, Dan, Fred, Björk thanks for this amazing adventure, from the bottom of my heart.I will be back next year for sure !

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Linda”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The most exciting and fun thing I have ever done!! Love Viking Rafting and the staff is great! I will definetly go again sometime!

Paris
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We did the "Beast of the East" rafting. It was a lot of adrenaline, our boat fliped once. But all ended well (as always, they say) and we had a lot of fun. We even decided to flip the boat again ;) The guides are great: professional and helpful. And the views are stunning.

Visited September 2013
“Awesome experience and great guides!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I ha a great time rafting (we initially planned on doing the Wonderful West one, but due to change of planning we ended up doing the 'Beast of the East', which turned out to be a great decision! Our boat did flip at a certain point, leaving me thinking I was going die for sure. But thanks to our great guides and good safery measures, I survived + I was enriched by yet another great Icelandic experience. A definite 'must-do'!

Visited August 2013
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Beast of the East is the Best!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Viking Rafting really exceeded our expectations. Coming from the US, we've done a bunch of white water rafting, but it's always been a little dumbed-down to accommodate beginners and/or kids so we were very pleased to see that Viking Rafting was nothing like that!

When we first arrived, we came into the lobby that had a pool table, comfy couches, hot coffee and hot chocolate, and super friendly staff! They gave us all a talk about what to expect for the day, outfitted us in our dry suites and other rafting accessories and off we went!

At the drop in point for the river, we were divided into our rafting groups, given further instructions and safety info and then had some time with our guides before we took the plunge. The main guide, Chris, was excellent, incredibly nice, and helped everyone to feel at ease. Our boat's personal guide, Deepak, was really funny, also super nice, and gave great instructions while on the river. This river rafting trip was one of my favorite activities we did in Iceland, and if I ever return to the country, I'll definitely be coming back to Viking Rafting!

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction