Open today: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM

from $248.20
More Info
from $143.80
More Info
All reviews east river waffles safety kayakers cliff jumping base camp hot chocolate white water beautiful canyon these guys class rapids adrenaline rush green room east tour international team always felt safe raft guide super fun
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Best of the East trip was simply amazing! It was my first rafting experience and despite the fact that I was really scared at the beginning the professional crew of Viking rafting just made me feel content and ready for some fun. The whole trip went smoothly and we all could feel we are in good hands. We had fun, loads of action and great people around us. We also got a special treat in the middle of a canyon in a form of waffles and hot chocolate - just what you need to gain some more energy for more fun. So in a few words it was friendly, professional, fun and simply awesome!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my second time rafting in Jökulsá Austari and it was so much fun. I have previously tryed rafting in Hvítá. Although the weather was gloomy the first few hours, the sun broke out in the end. The guides are all so good at what they do and they really make the trip unforgettable. It was full of laughter and action packed - just the way i like it.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had a blast rafting with these guys. To be honest rafting isn't really my thing but I thought since I was in Iceland and it is really good as far as rafting goes I'd give it a shot. From start to finish I had a smooth and enjoyable experience. In grad school I guided MTB trips so I know a little bit about the guiding business and these guys have it nailed. Safety was their #1 priority followed closely by making sure you had fun. We had people with varying comfort levels in the same boat. Our guide made sure everyone felt comfortable and safe but at the same time provided everyone with opportunities to push themselves and have fun.

Hands down would do it again and recommend it to anyone even remotely thinking about it.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We were beautifully received. The staff friendly, warm and professional. Appreciated the hot coffee and interesting conversation. We had had a bit of rain so the river was moving at a good pace. A few passengers ejected overboard but that added to the excitement. Wonderful fresh waffles and cream made fresh from the local farm as a surprise half-time show. A little cliff jumping, more fast water and then a cold beer from local brewery at the end. I'd highly recommend these guys. Well worth taking a day out see the river, it's beauty and its fierceness. Well done and thank you Chris, Neepak, John and Dan.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

East glacial river was just amazing. You have to do this, even if you are afraid. Our guide was a 21 year old british kid who was knowledgeable and had a fantastic attitude. I can't say enough good things about the trip. Just awesome.