“It's a steakhouse - buy a steak!”
Review of Linda Steakhouse - CLOSED

Linda Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My friends brought me here for dinner on my stag party. A simple man's meal was all we wanted - red meat and plenty of it!

We all live locally, so we knew it would be good, it wasn't my first time eating here and I'm happy to say it will not be my last!

The waiting staff heard we were celebrating something, and without prompting from any of us, brought out a really tasty starter to share, free of charge! We ordered and out cane the steaks. I have lived in Akureyri for 5 years, and if I want a good steak, thus is the ONLY place to go, it beats the competition hands down, every single time. I have never been disappointed with the quality of the steaks here, it is always great tasting beef, cooked to perfection with excellent seasoning.

The servings could be a little larger, there's always enough meat but I'd prefer a bit more of the accompanying vegetables and things.

The only downside to Linda steakhouse is that their location isn't the best, and they haven't been in town long enough yet to become popular with the locals, who are always set in their ways, so typical of icelanders.

If you want all the frills and to enjoy 'healthy food' or sample the great icelandic cuisine, there are other places in town for that. But I'd sooner go here than any of the other grill restaurants when what I want is a good tasty lump of cow. Best red meat in the whole town.

1  Thank IcyJim

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I went to Linda Steakhouse last week and we had lunch there. Firstly the smell inside the restaurant was not very pleasant.

They had two different soups and they were really bad, not taste at all and nothing special.

Salad with very few ingredients and not even oil or vinegar. Main course was fried fish. I think my son can do it better... This fish was unhealthy and tasted horrible.

I dont recommend this place, there are other restaurants in the city that offers same product but with a huge quality difference.