We stayed at this hotel for one night in August 2012. We arrived late and left early, so we just wanted somewhere to sleep. We chose this hotel because the price was considerable lower than on other hotels in the area. Actually when I phoned the hotel and asked for the price they said 25.900 ISK, but then I decided to take a look at Hotels.com and there they quoted 17.900 ISK for the night.
+ Located only 5 minutes walk from the town center but in a quiet area.
+ Surprisingly good breakfast buffet.
+ Spacious bathroom
+ Spotlessly clean
- Looks tired - Carpets worn
- Small room
- Very small, old tube TV with distorted image
- Poor sound insulation between rooms
- Stiff mattresses
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Nordurland is located in the centre of Akureyri town. Plenty of restaurants, bars, cafes, and shops are in the neighbourhood. The hotel has 41 rooms all equipped with private bathrooms, telephone, coffee and tea facilities, satellite TV and radio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Nordurland by Keahotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.