“phenomenal signature dish”

Noa Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Akureyri
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Modern relaxed setting, serving fresh local cough seafood and meats. Surrounded by beautiful art and sculptures you can relax with space to enjoy your meal or even just pop in for coffee or a drink in our upstairs lounge. Booking always advised but pop in and relax while we sort you a table.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My friend and I visited the restaurant for dinner shortly after arriving in Akureyri, and the signature 'cod tongue' dish made the day; it is quite simply the most phenomenal cod dish I've had. We weren't even hungry when we were seated and yet we finished our food in a heartbeat. Very highly recommended - excellent food, great service, wonderful atmosphere, and the price is very reasonable.

1  Thank Jason Y

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful meal at Noa while touring the Akureyri area. Two excellent fish entrees in a wonderful seaside setting. Excellent restaurant decor, friendly and prompt service. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stumbled on this restaurant on the edge of town by accident as we were staying just over the other side of the fjord bridge, and are we thankful we did stop in!

Quite simply the best fish I have ever tasted!

Pan fried cod with potatoes and vegetables sounds simple but how the chef cooked it is simply without equal in my opinion.

Another in our party had the salmon and was equally impressed.

Perhaps we were lucky that we were the only 3 people in on this particular evening, the chef who spent some time chatting to us, explaining various aspects of the food, etc, remarked he had 30 people in the previous night.
That we had the place to ourselves was our good fortune!

Desserts were to a high standard too,
I had skyr which I hadn't heard of before,
I now place it high on my list of favourites!

When we got the bill I don't consider it overpriced considering the quality of what we had,
around £65 for 2 courses for 3 including drinks.

If we are ever back in Akureyri we will be eating here again!

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a good welcome from the owner who served us lovely wild smoked salmon. We then had cat fish and cat fish cheeks and I had beautiful moist wild trout. The service was friendly and helpful and well worth a visit when most of this town was shut up. Noa stayed open & delivered. They deserve to succeed.

1  Thank CAM275
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Akureyri is Iceland's second largest town, a home to 18,000 inhabitants and Iceland's second largest fishing company. Considering that fact, it's amazingly difficult to get hold of freshly caught fish in this town. It was a very pleasant game changer when Örkin hans Nóa opened their seafood restaurant, a well-established furniture store in a beautiful setting with a view over the sea shore. The concept is simple: they offer the fresh catch of the day, cooked in a specific manner, served sizzling in a frying pan.

Both the times I've dined there, I've had very enjoyable experiences. The atmosphere was relaxed and nice, the service was personal and the food was impeccable. The only small detail I can comment on is the tomatoes. The first time I dined there, the portion of fish was accompanied by potatoes and a few cherry tomatoes. The cherry tomatoes definitely did the charm, sweet and tasty. The next time I went, they had replaced them with regular tomatoes cut into quarters. This was a small disappointment, but the food was nevertheless delicious.

I have recommended this restaurant to people numerous times and I've only had positive feedback. If you ever find yourself in Akureyri, it's definitely worth a visit!