“Great fish”

Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Wait staff was attentive, friendly, the menu provides an interesting mix of meats and flavor profiles, and the food does not disappoint. If you are looking for one 'nice' night out for dinner in Akureyri, you would not go wrong at Rub 23

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We loved our meal here! The entire country is expensive to eat, but this wasn't much more. Lobster tail appetizer was stellar, sushi was creative, and lamb was wonderful. One of the best meals we had in Iceland!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I went there with my Wife in September. Obviously expensive as one would expect of a restaurant such as this in Iceland. The food was excellent and i am not talking about the Sushi but the lamb and Arctic Char - indeed one of the best i had in Iceland. Service unfortunately was mixed. We were greeted well and seated quickly even though we did not have a reservation. The food did not take long to arrive except for the desert. For some odd reason the young waiter forgot to place our order with the kitchen and we ended up waiting for more than 30 minutes for it. When we enquired with another waitress she went to check and came back immediately apologising and offered us the desert on the house. Mistakes happen even in a good high standard restaurants such as this one and the way it was handled was excellent. for that they get full marks.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Truly one of the best meals I've had during my travels. I went here with two other ladies and all of us raved about our food. Sushi is a big part of their menu but none of us ordered it since we live where sushi is readily available & very good. So, if you're in Iceland, you have to try the lamb and/or the fish (preferably Arctic Char). So we did just that.

You select your meat/seafood and then select what type of rub you would like to have on it. I'm not sure there are 23 choices but certainly enough that you'll have trouble deciding. The complimentary olive/onion/garlic appetizer is excellent and I'm not even crazy about olives! They are sweet & delicious. All of our dishes were beautifully presented and prepared. I had the lamb and it was awesome. Oh, and dessert was fantastic as well! I'd return to this restaurant in a heartbeat.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was pricey. But so delicious. I got the mussels, which were meh. The sushi was delicious. The lamb was TO DIE FOR. Even the vegetarian in our group ate the lamb. And finally we got a glass of wine worth drinking.