“Pricey, but worth it”

Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I really liked how this restaurant style works: different meats and fish with 23 different rubs available that you can choose. They give recommendations and I ordered salmon with an Arabic rub. My goodness! I wanted to lick the plate when I was done!

There are newer reviews for Rub 23

Reviewed August 13, 2013

After a week real icelandic food (nothing wrong with it!) we tried this fusion, it was very nice, very relaxing atmosphere, liked the table setting and couverts. Food was really delicious, we had the arctic char, asian stle and pepper stle. It was amazing. Great evening.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is an excellent restaurant. Well located in a historic building. The service was fine and the food was faultless. Prices are on the high side. Of the Akureyri restaurants only Noa offers a comparable quality (at a lower price).

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The good: I could get a reservation pretty quickly using their website.

We arrived at 19:05, got shown to our table (not many people there, I counted 10 including us). We sat down and looked through the menu, then it dawned on me how expensive this place was. Then we waited quite a long time for the service to come and take our order, (around 25 minutes). Couples that came in after us had already been asked twice if they were ready to order. We decided just to order one thing from the menu, the Sushi Pizza, it was not bad, but expensive. I wanted a glass of wine also but at almost double the price of a normal restaurant, I just skipped it.
Olives were served as an appetizer, but they were in some kind of sweet marinade, and that just really destroyed the olives, I am more of an acid guy :) The soy sauce was also too sweet for my taste. I think the Variety dish could be exciting, but I won't go back to try.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

On recommendation of friends who had eaten at the Reykjavik location, we tried Rub 23 while in Akureyri. We will continue to heed their recommendations! The idea is simple...a variety of different meats prepared with different rubs (even a spreadsheet with recommendations as to which rub best enhances which meat). I had Arctic Char (widely available in this part of Iceland) and was very pleased, also with appetizer, deserts and added vegetable dish. Modern decor and helpful staff.