“Week getaway with the boyfriend”

Eyri Restaurant Veitingahus
Ranked #9 of 74 Restaurants in Akureyri
Description: A cosy little Restaurant with a nice wiew in Hjalteyri Eyjafjördur Akureyri. Serving soups with homebaked bread, shushi, fish, coffee homemade cakes and desserts. On a good day you could even see whales out of the windows in our restaurant. Lítill og kósý veitingastadur med gódu útsýni á Hjalteyri. Vid seljum súpur med heimabökudu braudi, shushi, fisk, kaffi og heimabakadar kökur.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Recently visited this quaint little town outside or akuyeri and stayed in this wonderful establishment for a night. Not too far away is a hot tub right on the shore which is amazing to sit in as the sun sets. The room has its own restroom and is attached to the restaurant which puts off amazing aromas and was lovely to smell. As for the food, it was hands down one of my favorite seafood stews that I had while visiting Iceland, and I had stew almost every day that I was there. Also, it’s about a 10 minute drive from a beer spa which was amazing and I would highly recommend visiting then eating here and staying the night. 10/10 would revisit and stay here!

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (52)

Reviewed August 23, 2019

This restaurant has a really intimate setting, with a grandma running the kitchen and her granddaughter helping her while running an airbnb that’s attached to the restaurant. They were really accommodating as we showed up right around closing time, and we were able to get their famous fish soup. The curry powder added a nice twist, while I’m not one to use the term “just like my mom used to make”, it certainly was really similar.

Reviewed August 20, 2019 via mobile

We went here based on the rave reviews. It was a bit pricier than I expected but nothing beyond normal Iceland prices. I did have the fish soup and while it was good, I found the actual amount of fish in it to be disappointing. My boyfriend got the cod and his portion was large and he liked it.

Overall it was fine but definitely not a must-go.

Reviewed August 18, 2019

We ordered the cod and the fish soup. Both were very tasty and filling. The setting is lovely with views of the sea and an old herring factory turned artist cooperative dominating the scene.

Reviewed July 23, 2019

I had lunch here and it was delicious. I ordered the lamb sausage. Large portion sizes. It came with potatoes and both were topped off with a creamy white sauce. It was like comfort food. Approx $30 US. I would come back here to try other things on the menu.

Date of visit: July 2019