“Nice enough”

Ranked #13 of 62 Restaurants in Akureyri
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had a nice burger here, but it was nothing special. There are better restaurants in Akureyri. It's in the guidebook, and I think it's probably because it's a very safe option.

There are newer reviews for Bautinn

Reviewed October 9, 2013

A young woman at a shop recommended Bautinn, because it is where the locals have been going for years--before many tourists started coming to Iceland.
The food was general Icelandic fare--lamb, fish, etc., and the place was indeed packed with Icelanders. Our meals were excellent. We'll be back when next we are in Akureyri.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place came recommended by my hostess at the farm stay and it lived up to the billing as an interesting and reasonably priced restaurant. I am almost ashamed to admit that I had their whale steak, was just too eager to try this for my first time, it was excellently done, tasted like a beef steak, except the red meat seemed a bit fluffier, less dense. This was my first and will be my last time to try whale, but I must admit that I enjoyed it. The main course comes with a generous helping from the soup tureen and the well-stocked salad bar. The service was, if anything, over-eager, the main course arrived while I was still enjoying my soup, I noticed a similar comment in another review - they will have to train their staff to slow down.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been dining at Bautin two times, in 2000 and 2013. Both times I chose the seafood soup after an advise in Lonely Planet´s guide. And it is simply delicious! The rest of the menu also looks promising. Nice surroundings and a helpful and efficient staff. Recommended!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We were walking the streets of Akureyri on a nasty, cold rainy day and needed a good hot meal without spending a fortune. Bautinn filled the bill. My hamburger was actually fantastic. My other two friends had the soup & salad bar and found things they liked. The bread was great, service was good and people were friendly. A great place for a family - very kid friendly.