We stayed here for 2 weeks in July 2012 for my birthday, my husband and I stayed in one of the hotel rooms whilst 3 of my relatives stayed in one of the bungalows.
This was the second visit to the Almond for my husband and I as we had stayed for a couple of years ago. We stayed B&B to give us the freedom to try all of the delicious places to eat however the Almond do a Half Board (we did this last time) which is very good value for those watching the budget or who have kids.
Breakfast is good, a couple of cereal choices, fruit, yogurts and loats of cooked options. Plenty of choice on the menu for lunches and snacks.
Rooms are basic, very clean, comfortable. My husband and I stayed in one of the hotel rooms this time which was very nice, these rooms have some of the sky channels on the telly too (although there are a million other things to do in TRNC than watch telly!!!). The bungalow my family stayed in was clean and spacious and quiet.
The Almond provide some entertainment on certain nights.....varying from very fab rock group who did covers of Classic rocks songs to a cabaret type singer who was popular with some of the older ladies ;-) and a trio of gypsy guitarist musicians (who were amazing)
All of the staff are lovely and the family that own the Almond are so welcoming, one reviewer said it felt like going back to see your turkish cypriot family when you visit and I can quite agree. The chef makes lovely birthday cakes too!!!
Holidays to the Almond are easy to book direct from their website, they will even sort out transfers/car hire for you. Fly to Larnaca (south) and get a transfer or fly to Ercan (north) and hire a car. Driving is like the uk and is safe.
I love the Almond and I love Northern Cyprus, please do not hesitate to book a holiday here...do yourself a favour and come and visit this wonderful country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Almond is an authentic, romantic & charming family run hotel where you can experience legendary local hospitality and the faultless balance between comfort and traditional Cypriot culture as well as friendliness and professionalism...The passionate attention to detail, warm service,delicious traditional & world cuisine , artful gardens filled with museum quality antiques and the tranquil pool area - will all ensure that the Almond will instantly win a special place in your heart - as your home away from home... Based in the peaceful western region of Kyrenia - The Almond is ideally located between the slopes of the magnificent Kyrenia Five Finger Mountains and the deep blue Mediterranean Coastline while only 20 minutes walking distance to the flawless sands of the beach - You can be sure that this hidden oasis will offer you tranquility, privacy and convenience at all times... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Almond Holiday Village Hotel Alsancak - Karavas
- Almond Holiday Village Kyrenia
- Almond Holiday Village Hotel Kyrenia
- Almond Holiday Village Cyprus/Alsancak - Karavas