Our first visit to Almond, and TRNC. I've read some long reviews and told myself to keep mine short...haha! Ali and his family sail a well-run ship. They seem to have found that balance between providing good value and beautifully well-kept grounds & accommodation, without too much compromise. I admire their acumen. The Sports Bar is great, far enough away from the main area of the hotel not to be intrusive. The staff without exception were as expected; delightful - being informative, friendly, creative and always there when you need them, regularly going the extra mile. Admittedly the hotel was fairly quiet at the end of November. They genuinely (I hope) enjoy their work. I read reviews before travelling, praising Lily and Ken(an), Stan(islav) and, boy, they made our holiday. If they could be canned and sold across the world, remember it was my idea...but we must not forget their mentors Ali, his wife, Gülten, Ayse and Ahmed who put this team together. We sincerely hope Dervise's broken foot heals in time for a great Christmas! This is a great base for touring and I did not foresee this country being one in which I felt the safest I ever have in any of my travels in 35 years. The Turkish Cypriots are kind, generous, helpful, respectful and humorous. Like in all things, you get out what you put in. This hotel and the people in it and locally, seem to give back so much more. So much for a short review...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Almond is an authentic, romantic & charming family run hotel where you can experience legendary local hospitality and the faultless balance between comfort and traditional Cypriot culture as well as friendliness and professionalism...The passionate attention to detail, warm service,delicious traditional & world cuisine , artful gardens filled with museum quality antiques and the tranquil pool area - will all ensure that the Almond will instantly win a special place in your heart - as your home away from home... Based in the peaceful western region of Kyrenia - The Almond is ideally located between the slopes of the magnificent Kyrenia Five Finger Mountains and the deep blue Mediterranean Coastline while only 20 minutes walking distance to the flawless sands of the beach - You can be sure that this hidden oasis will offer you tranquility, privacy and convenience at all times... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Almond Holiday Village Hotel Alsancak - Karavas
- Almond Holiday Village Kyrenia
- Almond Holiday Village Hotel Kyrenia
- Almond Holiday Village Cyprus/Alsancak - Karavas