We stayed here in April and had the free halfboard included. For the money paid for this week no one could really complain. The rooms are basic and dated and everybody was moaning about there room, toilets not working showers not working etc... All our problems i have to say were resolved quickly. The staff on site are all wonderful and polite and cannot do enough to help you. The food in the main restaurant in our opinion was poor, breakfast consisted of boiled egg, scrambled egg (alternated to have green lumps in ) poached egg, eggy bread, along with all the cereals and continental breakfasts, A small spicey sausage was thrown in twice, We did not enjoy the evening meals at all watery smash with kebab sausages ! A constant queue for the hot drinks and toasting machine. After eating at the restaurant twice we decided that we could no longer do it so went to the Ala carte, the food here was tasty and value for money.
The actual resort is lovely and if the rooms were updated and the food could improve then this would be a lovely place to stay. The weather was not good the week we were here and it was cold and raining , the resort had nothing to do during the day and no where to go really, and only a prehistoric bar in the evening. North Cyprus itself...... not a fan i have to say there is just nothing to do once you have visited the ruins ( broken bottles and rubbish) and churches then you've done it all, not enough to keep me amused I am afraid. Perhaps i am still a little to young at heart and not ready to eat dinner and go back to the room.
At the end of the day , you get what you pay for and this was as cheap as chips, and all that being said the room was clean what more could you ask for, the staff were all loverly. It was a cheap break shame about the weather. Dont let this put you off people all have different opinions and you need to make up your own and not listen to everyone we are all different. Have a nice time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riverside Holiday Village of Northern Cyprus is set in the beautiful tranquil foothills of Kyrenia in a perfect setting of some of the most spectacular gardens ever to be seen in North Cyprus. Like most cyprus hotels all rooms are air-conditioned and have a fresh water swimming pool and indoor swimming pool and a fantastic aqua park, sauna and a massage parlor. Outdoor facilities include horse riding and tennis courts. Unlike some other Cyprus hotels, baby sitting services are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, TripOnline SA and GoNorthCyprus so you can book your Riverside Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riverside Holiday Village Hotel Alsancak - Karavas
- Riverside Holiday Village Kyrenia
- Riverside Holiday Village Hotel Kyrenia
- Riverside Garden Resort Cyprus/Alsancak - Karavas