“10 day stay in summer”

and 1 more site!
Riverside Garden Resort
“10 day stay in summer”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

All in all we had a good holiday and there were some good positives, weather was great, food in poolside restaurant very good we ate here every night, swimming pools are great for kids, shop on site very handy.

Negatives include but of a battle getting cot in our room for our 18 month old even though requested in advance, drainage gullets around pool present trip hazard, lots of cats, too many unless you love cats, shower was rubbish and A/C could not cool both rooms, very good price though, probably would have had better time in nicer room.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Brian D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have been staying at Riverside for many years, usually in May, June, September and October but this year our family decided to stay for Christmas and New Year. Our party comprised four adults and three children ranging from aged 3 to 10. We were given a lovely appartment near the restaurant where we had breakfast every morning. The weather was beautiful - like a good Spring day in England although the evenings were a bit chilly. However, when we returned to our appartment after a day out it was cosy and warm. The air conditioning system upstairs doubles up as heating and downstairs was an electric fire so we were very comfortable. The Olympic Pool was open and was as well maintained as usual - on Christmas Day we were sunbathing by the pool and all swam - having said that the water was very cold! We arrived on Christmas Eve and the management had organised a Christmas Evening complete with Turkey, decorations and beautiful red candles on each table. We had a most enjoyable evening and it was lovely to meet all the friendly staff again. We found everything in the Kyrenia district was open which was a pleasant surprise. All our family love Riverside, including my daughter and her family, so much so that she got married in Kyrenia last summer, the Reception being held at Riverside. We have already booked to go back again in June rand will probably return for Christmas/New Year 2013. We all agreed it was the best Christmas we have ever had! Our thanks yet again to all the wonderful staff at Riverside.

Room Tip: Some of the appartments are closed during Winter but we enjoyed staying near the restaurant but this...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Chrispanting_12
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at the Riverside for many years and it never dissapoints us. The appartment has great views and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Two great swimming pools, one which is adults only and two good restuarants. Also appreciated is the shuttle bus which takes us to the local beachg or to Girne.

We will be back again in 2013.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank orchardsend
London
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Me and my family have been regular visitors to North Cyprus for the last 5 years. Our first stay was at the Riverside Garden Resort and we have never considered elsewhere as it is a family run hotel where they and their staff are very friendly. Furthermore, when we have requested a service, they have always done their utmost to accommodate requests made. The rooms are cleaned daily and car hire rates are very competitive. We have stayed in the superior villa's as well as the standard villa's and have found these both satisfactory.

The hotel has 3 swimming pools accommodating a family fun days for all ages. My granddaughter aged 3 had a fantastic time in the children pool which is divided from the pool with slides. The meals served at the restaurant are of good quality at reasonable prices.

North Cyprus is a very scenic unspoilt part of the island with mountains on one side and sea at the other. The closest beach is ‘Escape Beach’ where an entrance fee is payable with parascending, banana boat rides, ski jets is available for a reasonable fee. A public beach is also available 10 mins by car. Depending on whether you wish to relax or explore, Riverside Garden Resort is a great hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank AvinashLondon
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I spent a very enjoyable week at Riverside in September 2013. It was my second trip last year. I first went in March with a group of fellow artists where we had fun time painting around the resort and at nearby Kyrenia. We all had own own villas which were of a good standard. Having enjoyed the trip so much I decided to return later in September. This time I travelled on my own and as it was the first time I had travelled abroad on my own I was a little apprehensive. I needn't have worried the staff were very friendly and they all remembered me from the previous trip. This time I had my own apartment which suited me perfectly, and I had a memorable time there. It was very safe and I didn't have any problems with security as I was a lone traveller. I had the 'full board' package and the restaurant staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome. There is also a very good 'al a carte' restaurant where I chose to eat a couple of times for lunch and evening meals - again the standard of the food and hospitality was very good.
The three swimming pools were a delight to lay around, which is what I did all week in the glorious sunshine, drinks were served every day around the pools.
I will definitely be returning again this year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Julia J
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We have been visiting this hotel over a 15 year period and will continue to use it. The staff are welcoming, the accommodation clean and comfortable (the refurbished rooms have been done very well). The garden areas round the villas are beautiful and help to muffle any noise coming from the common areas. The large separate children's pool is much appreciated as we are older travellers and value peace. The dining area is in a beautiful location and breakfast is a delight overlooking the view. We consider this hotel to offer excellent value for money

Room Tip: If you ask for a quiet room when booking every effort is made to give you one
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jill f
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Keith P
We have visited every year for the last 5 years some times twice
This will be the 10th visit to this hotel and it won't be the last.
Over the last few years we have seen the estate with all the improvements that are being done all the time.
The accommodation is spotlessly clean as are the pools and surrounding areas and the variety of pool options tick all the boxes.
The staff are very very helpful in every way,friendly and polite as are the cleaning staff. Nothing is too much trouble for them.
The best time to visit we find is May when all the flowers are blooming and the site comes alive with colour.
Would highly recommend Riverside.

Room Tip: ask for one by the pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hotel Sempati
#6 of 7 in Lapta
Merit Park Hotel & Casino
Denizkizi & Denizkizi Royal Hotel
Denizkizi & Denizkizi Royal Hote...
#2 of 8 in Alsancak - Karavas
Hotel Pia Bella
Hotel Pia Bella
#3 of 30 in Kyrenia
Club Simena
Club Simena
#1 of 1 in Karsiyaka

Been to Riverside Garden Resort? Share your experiences!