“Mmmm... "mexican"...?”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We had a very nice dinner at the cantina azteka on an early Friday evening. It was not a problem for us to get seated even if we hadn't made a reservation before. The chicken fajitas were really good, not too spicy and thanks to the chilli it was not too mild. I'm not familiar with mexican "real" food, but I guess the food served at this restaurant is adjusted to serve the Finnish taste. The restaurant is nicely decorated, with "mexican" scenery.

Hardly autenthic furniture and decorations, but yet it adds something to the over-all experience.

Friendly and welcoming staff, also very attentive - we didn't have to ask for more water et.c.

Next time I'll try their tapas, they are said to be delicious!

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I'm not a specialist on Mexican nor Tex-Mex food although I've been to Mexico a couple of times. However, what I do know is when I'm offered good food in a nice place with a nice atmosphere and that's what I've experienced in this place a couple of times. I first got to know Cantina Azteca trying to find a place on a Friday night and all other places where full, but here we managed to get a table as it's a fairly big restaurant. The first experience was so good that I've returned here a couple of times. The service has always been good, nice youthful waiters and the most important; the food is good. They have a wide selection of , let us say South-American delicacies and some good wines from the same reagion that you don't get from the liquour shops in Finland. The place is nicely and colorfully decorated, which makes you feel happy. The prices are a bit cheaper than in other restaurants in the center of town. They also have a nice bar upstairs where you can continue the evening sitting in a swing at the bar counter.

Reviewed June 29, 2011

As a half mexican it really pisses me off that these kind of restaurants say they serve Mexican food when in fact its 100% Tex-Mex food. People should learn to know the difference between REAL mexican food and this American variation of mexican food.

It might be difficult to make real mexican food in these parts of the world because the lack of the ingredients but they should at least try or STOP advertising their restaurants as mexican restaurants.

All in all if you want real mexican food DON`T eat here. If you want Tex-mex food this place is for you.

1  Thank Asiakaspalvelu
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We tried to find something to eat after 9 Pm, and this was the only place open (its a small town and its sunday). Disappointed so far by the Turku restaurants (both Blanco and Herman were plain) our expectations were really low. Maybe this is why we really liked the food. Im a vegetarian and so far had very few options around here (the Veggie Hefburger was disgusting) and this place had loads of great options. Everything was fresh and good taste. Maybe not so Mexican but tasty and the service was exceptional. We will definitely come here again if we come to Turku. An innovative south-american menu.

Reviewed March 5, 2011

The food is actually tasty, but it is way overpriced. Unfortunately, you could whip up something like this at home with half of the price you end up paying.

The food is screaming for a beer to be downed with, but unfortunately you will feel over-charged. Because we like the atmosphere we would probably eat here more often, but the prices put us off.