“Overall best Italian in town” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sergio's

Sergio's
Ranked #24 of 304 Restaurants in Turku
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Turku, Finland
“Overall best Italian in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

By local standards this restaurant is quite far from city centrum, but it is a distance well worth of venturing. It is actually not far at all and a stroll along the river is most pleasant exercise. You might also want to try Jakke Jokilautta, a floating bar, as a means of transport.

Anyway, Sergio's is located along a pedestrian pathway by the river. The place is quiet enough to stay outside if the weather is OK, or you can sit inside by the window and enjoy the view. The restaurant is genuinely Italian. The number of staff (some of which is Italian speaking) greatly exceeds that of an average Finnish restaurant, which means that the service is efficient and friendly, at least most of the time.

The food in the restaurant is excellent and the prizes are reasonable.The only minor point of criticism is the narrow choice in secondi piatti, consisting only of two dishes. Of course this was compensated by the wide variety of pasta dishes, but I missed the excellent lamb dish I've enjoyed on my previous visits.. .Not that the lasagna I had this time wasn't more that delicious, too.

• Visited June 2014

• Finnish first
Nijkerk, The Netherlands
“Authentic Italian restaurant with affordable wines”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Whenever for business in Turku I stay in the Radisson hotel next door. This time the weather was nice so the windows were open but even when it is freezing cold, walking from the hotel to Sergio's is no problem.

The place was almost full this time but although we had not booked a table my colleague and I could sit just next to the corner where the pizza's are made.

The waiter, Franco, is a very nice, experienced Italian guy who knows about hospitality. The food was good and tasty and the wine affordable.

We had ordered a bottle of Rosso di Montalcino for around € 42,- which is not too expensive for a restaurant and certainly not for a restaurant in Finland. But ordering gin & tonic as an aperitive and more wine and several Grappi afterwards resulted in a high bill anyway.

We can only blame ourselves for that...

“Very satisfied costumers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

We decided to have a nice romantic dinner in Turku with my boyfriend. He heard about Sergio's restaurant before and after looking at the menu (online) it sounded as a good choice and it was!! The restaurant is next to the river, nice atmosphere and discreet decoration. We had bruschetta for starter, simple but tasty. For main course I had chicken flavored with truffle and my boyfriend veal escalopes! Again simple dishes and decorations with soft and great taste! I really liked it and we enjoyed them a lot!! for dessert we had panna cotta and tiramisu!! Both were excellent and the panna cotta was very refreshing!! The waitress was very polite and sweet! We left happy about our lovely evening and the good meal we had! Grazie!!

1 Thank Kalypso90
Turku, Finland
“Dissappointed? Yes. Surprised? No.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

The restaurant Was selected for me. Not my choise... So, starter plate ok but Nothing Special. Main course lamb Was pre-cooked We think and the taste Was not even particularly good. Risotto... I make Better my self. Dessert cake Presentation Was quite Nice in Coffee cup and taste ok, although my wife makes Better tiramisu herself and We Are finns. Wines Were not the best or even Standard italy Can offer. And the service then... Arrogant and sloppy, imagine the waiter poured wine on My neck and back!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Orlando
“True Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

Everything is just right. Nice atmosphere next river and pedestrian precinct. Decent service, nice food, one of best pizza's what I have ever had. Excellent pasta good selection of nice Italian wines. Weekend evenings you need reservation ( I was told).

• Visited August 2013