TripAdvisor

Ranked #35 of 419 Restaurants in Turku
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Been visiting this establishment since the late 70's.Allways a pleasure.Love their food,nice service and genuine atmosphere!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (129)

Reviewed February 15, 2019

Restaurant is been operational since 1974 in same place and same owner. It is not located in the city center so getting there may need a taxi. The place is very popular among locals so reservation is required, specially @ weekends and holidays.
The most famous dish is (Peppersteak à la Pippurimylly) and it hasn't changed over the years, so visually it looks like a gas station food, but trust me is not!
Honest pepper stake with plenty of pepper gravy, this is so enjoyable!
160G sPeppersteak à la Pippurimylly = 32€, not bad, worth of trying out!
Thanks to the great staff, you made our evening!

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank zigloader
Reviewed December 16, 2018

This place has been around forever so decided to give it a go.
I ordered a classic 160 g pepper steak. Dish was served with potato croquettes, some vegetables and creamy sauce.

Steak and sauce were quite nice. Veggies were overcooked to a point of turning into mash and potatoes were no different to something you'd get at a ABC gas stations lunch. Lack of enthusiasm at kitchen watered down this whole experience very badly.

Two waitresses served us. I expect to get at least an eye contact when discussing my order. Other one was very friendly.

Restaurant was almost full for some unknown reason so the noise level was through the roof. A cart full of forks, knives etc was parked apparently permanently between two tables for some quick table setting. I understand the point but they should really consider this again. Waitress setting the tables was not exactly discreet when picking up cutlery from the cart. I can shake a can full of nuts & bolts next to my ear at home if I want to listen to such noise.

Turku has some excellent restaurants but this sadly is not one of them. Make yourself a favor and go somewhere else. We will.

Reviewed December 16, 2018 via mobile

We had heard that this was one of the best steak restaurants in Turku, but boy, were we disapponted! The steak was ok, but the side dishes were plain miserable. The vegetables were overcooked to the point of being mushy, and the potato chips were the same you can find in every market's freezer. Not something you think you'll have on 25-35€ dish..
The restaurant itself was quite full, so the noise level was almost intolerable. I had hard time hearing what my companion was saying from the other side of the table.
Surely not worth of going second time.
The pub Hugo downstairs instead is a nice place to have a drink or two, and the pizzas are very nice.

Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

This place is one of the oldest standing restaurants in Turku and for a good reason. They serve perfectly cooked steaks and other meat dishes. Every time I've been here (which is many) I haven't left the place hungry. They also serve great fish dishes for those who don't care for meat.