“A great place to enjoy the summer!”
Review of Aussie Bar Turku

Aussie Bar Turku
Ranked #44 of 348 Restaurants in Turku
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Opening again in April. Leaving home and heading to the water. The latest AussieBar is located Canal of Turku, Finland. With the feeling of home for Aussies and Kiwis this place gives an experience what we have back Down Under. Joining the crew aboard AussieBar JeNNY will be an encounter you won't forget! Enjoy a refreshing cold beer from Oz with a good bunch of lads and sheilas from all over the globe. Can't wait to bloody see ya, Isaac and the AussieBar team
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Summer in Turku is best enjoyed on the riverside and AB offers a welcoming atmosphere, good entertainment and tasty food. The burgers have never disappointed and there is a good selection of drinks to go with them. A lunch menu became available as well this year which is an additional bonus. It does a great job of being what it is: a fun and casual place to kick back with your mates.

KiwiZac, Owner at Aussie Bar Turku, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Sorry for the delay, Learning the in's and out's of TripAdvisor!

Your feedback is great and we are pleased you like the food and the entertainment.
We have Live music every Thursday and DJ's spinning Wednesday, Friday and Saturday!
We hope that you pop down in the coming season.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Nice place to relax at the end of the day, the Aussie Bar is a bar-restaurant on a moored boat. The waitstaff are friendly and (by the sounds of it) actually Australian. There's a good selection of beers and the pub food didn't disappoint whatsoever.

Sorry for the delay, Learning the in's and out's of TripAdvisor!

However thank you for your feedback: Really cool to hear that you loved the beers and the food, I think it is nice to get noticed for the real staff (aussie's) But thanks once again for your feedback and hope your travels all were safe and sound.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were in Turku and it was the final in the rugby between the Aussies and the Poms - thank goodness for Aussie Bar. We sat in the back bar to watch the game on TV, 2 Aussies amongst lots of Poms - enjoyed a few beers, a few laughs, lots of ribbing as the Aussies lost resoundingly. This is a fun place for the young or young at heart.
The burgers were big, the chips were big - it's a good casual, fun place to drop into.

Sorry for the delay, Learning the in's and out's of TripAdvisor!

However thank you for your feedback: Sport is always a good way for a laugh, we are pleased that you enjoyed yourself and hope that you come back via our ways when you are next in town.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

River boats on river Aurajoki have been there for ages. Aussie Bar is, however, somewhat different from the "prototype river boat" mainly because the staff seems to come out of Finland so they know how to do the customer service. So; pleasantly friendly staff, although they refuse to serve you in Finnish while they seem to understand at least the basics. Well, not a problem for me.

I had high hopes for the food, since I had heard good rumors. Sadly, I was dissappointed. My chicken burger was unseasoned, seemed to lack even salt. Same thing with my husband's classic burger: absolutely no taste. My daughter was happy with her chicken-bacon-avocadoburger. I did not have a bite of that, so I cannot tell. But if french fries are the best tasting item on my plate, then there is something wrong. Sorry, but will not try again to eat there. Nice sunny day can lure me back to the deck for a drink, though.

1  Thank Mari6

Sorry for the delay, Learning the in's and out's of TripAdvisor!

Really grateful for your feedback, I am however upset the food wasn't up to the standard on which I would expect, and disappointed the standard of the rumors you may have heard were not upheld.

Under seasoned is one issue I will address, as for the salt we hope that customers would add this component rather than us putting too much on. I am happy however that your daughter enjoyed here burger this is a favorite of mine.

The Beef burger is hard to find what went wrong as these a by far the best burger in town, but I will take your feedback to the kitchen.

I would however love to see you back for a drink and I hope that you can find it in your heart to give us a second go...

If you do choose to do this I would like to Fix you up with a Meal for 3 on the house!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The best place to meet nice people and party!! The staff is awesome and you can always feel yourself really welcomed. Food is delicious and the portions are big sizes. Really waiting for the summer begin! :)

1  Thank A A

Sorry for the delay, Learning the in's and out's of TripAdvisor!

However thank you for your feedback really happy that you loved the staff as these guys are hand picked and really work hard to maintain the theme of the bar, Happy to know that you like the food and we look forward to seeing you in the up and coming seasons.