“Very unique”
Review of Yoki - CLOSED

Yoki
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the beginning of a journey of flavor through our 500 year old building, search through the bazaar like maze, enjoy Asian flavors, the Cuban mojitos, warm glow and inviting African rhythms. Yoki is an experience for all senses. Tuesdday to Friday lunch from 11am to 3pm, A'la Carte Tuesday to Friday 4pm to 10pm, Saturday 3am to 11pm. Sundays and Mondays we rest.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Tried to go to MaMa for dinner but didn't know reservations were needed, for a Tuesday night. This place was close with good reviews. Like other reviewers I tried the "Round-the-World" 8 course meal which I shared with my mom. It was plenty of food for 2 people and a good way to try there entire menu.

The food was definitely worldly tasting. Strong unique flavors presented in a very elegant way. Great service considering this is Europe. They have a basement which is no longer in use as the waitress said "the authorities claim it is not safe/ healthy." It looked fine to me but a bit cramped

This place is huge and has many rooms and multiple bars plus a large outside patio. If you only try one thing try the Slow Cooked Pork!! Very tender and it was actually meat and not just fat!

Good value considering the location and variety of foods to try.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful people and location. Building is unique with its medieval cellar. Wide selection of wines. We didn't eat this time but next time we will. We recommend!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were probably a little ambitious with our order as we could not do justice to all the courses. Our choice of 'Round-the-World, long' with a bottle of fine wine proved to be more than we could comfortably eat. The first three courses were quite small, but the pork belly and lamb - cooked so the meat simply melted in the mouth - were sufficient on their own.
I was not so impressed with the yoghurt lollipop, but the Mango Daquiri was excellent. The website suggests a 3-hour visit which was a very comfortable time in which to enjoy the food. The staff were all too helpful with their knowledge and descriptions for each presentation and the place itself could provide individual underground dining 'cells' for that special and more intimate occasion. If you chose to dine here then I would recommend making an advance booking as it is quite popular at the moment. I would suggest, however that if YOKI wishes to remain so then it may have to increase the menu selections.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This restaurant serves fusion kitchen food from all around the world and has a small vegetarian list as well. The food was ok and compared with the price very good value: vegetarian main courses 10-15 euros, finger food appetizers 3 euros. I liked especially the dessert made with frozen yoghurt, honey and nuts. The decoration is rough and nice - raw wood, industrial lamps etc.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The food is very good and for me it was spicy enough (I had the green Thai curry, and I do like it spicy), and the lunch menu is not expensive at all. Plus the portions look very nice. The location is very central, in the heart of the oldest and the most beautiful part of Turku. And in fact, the stone and brick structures you see in the restaurant are part of a medieval house that once stood in the place. The restaurant has some areas (cabinets?) in the medieval cellars as well, so if you get a chance to see them, don't miss it! The mixture of old and new, the great view to the riverside, and good food and atmosphere makes this definitely one of my favourite restaurants in Turku. And I guess it's possible to come here just for a coffee and play some board games since they seemed to have them on one of the tables.