“Excellent!”

Tuure Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 10 Turku B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I dont find a chip hotel in Finland, and I find this Bed and breakfast, it was great! is very clean, relax and have a awsome breakfast! it was a really nice experience! if i come back tu turku, i reserve in this hotel! the service is excellent!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank La Magia d
There are newer reviews for Tuure Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Bed and Breakfast Tuure is a value place to stay.

Everything is very clean, WiFi works great, staff is friendly, beds are comfortable, and the breakfast is great.

Bathrooms are shared, but that is disclosed before you reserve your room.

Most things in town are within walking distance.

The train station is only 3 blocks away if you are coming here from Helsinki by rail.

For a value place to stay in Turku, enjoy your stay at Bed and Breakfast Tuure.

Room Tip: This is not a 5 star hotel, but it it is great low priced place to stay.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank zip98221
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was there for two nights. I had some e-mail communication with the B&B owner before I arrived, the responses were really fast and all in details. Especially when I replied that I would arrive in te early morning, the owner nicely offered an extra breakfast for me on the day arrived and told me not to spend money on the ferry. That was really really kind, made me start my Turku experiences with a delicious breakfast
The room was cozy and clean. There was a big cat in the B&B, personally I don't like to have cat/dog in the house but their cat was very very clean and quiet, and it never stepped into my room so never caused any problem. ^_^ The owner (Jouko & Lily, also Lily's sister) were friendly and willing to help with any travel suggestions. I also had the free laundry there with Lily's help.
The B&B is not too far from the train station and within the walking distance to market square (major bus stops), also very close to the Turku Art Museum.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank SherylHu
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is an apartment-style bed and breakfast, which is a great choice for back-packers and low-key travelers looking for a cheap overnight stay. It is within a walking distance from both the railroad station and the bus terminal. This is likely the cheapest place in town. The rooms are doorm-like and come with no extras; shared showers and bathrooms are located in the corridors. The breakfast is simple and does not come with many choices, but does the trick for the price. One major word of warning; there is a cat on the premises, so if you are allergic, this will not be a place for you.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Allforservice
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I just love staying at Tuure because of its homey atmosphere which the owners and their fluffy cat Pörrö create! I have stayed there three times (in summer, 2008, 2009, and 2011) and I am visiting Tuure this Aug again. I always make new friends from different countries there and it is a great pleasure that I can meet some repeat customers again totally by accident!
The location is perfect! It's very closed to the long-distance bus terminal, so I usually take a bus from Vantaa Airport to Turku bus terminal and then walk to Tuure (It's a one or two-min walk!) Tuure is near the train station, the city center, the open-air market called Kauppatori and several museums too.
I am a big fan of breakfast at Tuure. I usually stay there for a few weeks but I never get tired of the breakfast they serve just because there's a wide variety of food. I love different kinds of bread, cereals, blueberry yoghurt, and pickled herrings and vegetables. There are cheese, ham, sausages, and meatballs, and porridge too.
The room is not big, but very clean and comfortable. I think I can't find such a reasonable place in such a good location. I hope you too enjoy staying at Tuure!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank mustikkapiirakka
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I believe that the initial experience of a place is largely influenced by the place you stay at.
My friend and I went to Turku in November,2010 for an internship. Finland being an expensive country, we started looking for the most value-for-money place. And when I telephoned the owner of B&B to ask them for room availability and other places to stay at, he was very helpful. Not only did he reserve a room for us (without asking for any booking charge or credit card number), but also, he suggested some other places we could look up. He sent a local Finnish website through which we could easily locate the B&B from the bus station.
The location is fantastic! The intercity buses coming to Turku from Helsinki airport stop at the Turku bus station which is in the square behind Tuureporinkatu (the street on which this B&B is located).
Also, since we reached late, he waited for us, and helped us to our room and lent us his cell phone to speak to the person we were going to intern with.
The room was small, but sufficient. Our room didn't have an attached toilet, but the common toilet was immaculately clean and well kept. The kitchen is decently stocked with tea bags and coffee powder. There is a fine cat hanging around in the house. There is a good spread for breakfast, nothing fancy, but good enough.
Finland is a very safe country, and Turku is even safer. So absolutely no worries on that aspect whatsoever !
My best wishes to the owners of B&B Tuure ! :)

Room Tip: If you don't have an attached toilet preferably take one near the toilet. You can always ask to...
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
5  Thank Arijit S
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Mainly used by oil workers and contractors travelling. I was backpacking on my own and found it fine, although all I wanted was a bed. When they found out I was on my own they offered to have me as their personal guest and eat dinner with them, really nice people once I got talking to them.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo