“Basic and Functional”
Review of Centro Hotel Turku

Centro Hotel Turku
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Turku
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This hotel is deceiving when viewed from the outside. We found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful, a welcome change from other hotel stays in Finland. The facilities and rooms were basic and functional although we found the rooms and facilities to be minimalist, very clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast selection was excellent with a wide variety and many very fresh ingredients.
Upon our departure, we decided that this hotel had certainly exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We arrived turku by coach from helsinki airport and the hotel is not far away from the coach station at all. Location is superb and it is just 3 mins walk from market square, where u can find most buses to other places, tho turku is such a small place that u can walk everywhere.
Room is small no doubt but facilities adequate. Decoration is modern, wifi connection stable.
Got a wide range of food for breakfast, no hot food, which is expected here in finland. But i would say the number of chioces on food is far more than you need.
Staff are helpful, got good knowledge on the town and information.
Overall quite satisfied, recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChuiYi
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Located in a courtyard, there are certainly no views and the immediate surrounding is uninspiring. But the location in the city could not be much more convenient. The rooms are not very large, but nicely decorated with a contemporary design. And clean. No bar on site, but you can get a beer from the reception. Nice and helpful staff and a good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nibor123
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I've read about the hotels breakfast and thought it was something of another world but staying there one night I think it's just ok.
We found the place very easily, there's a large sign at the street and you just drive into the courtyard at the hotel.

We had booked an executive room and it had a nice, comfy bed, we also got some evening buffet which was nice as we didn't have to look up a place to eat arriving in the evening. The room lacked a mini bar, I've got used to having one in a hotel.
But the breakfast I had heard so much about was an average hotel breakfast, you didn't even get bacon in the morning, only porridge.
Radisson hotels, for example, have much nicer breakfasts, the best I've had so far. I thought, by all the reviews, that this hotel would be much better. So, I was a bit disappointed. I did get full, don't misunderstand me, but I'd expected more than I got.

The area is quiet, nice, close to all amenities. You can walk around the city centre, not far from the picturesque riverside. Turku is a nice city, with lots of small pubs, restaurants and shops. I will go back there in the summer as I imagine it will be even nicer then.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeppis
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed for one night at this lovely hotel. The hotel is situated in a courtyard, so it is quite hidden from the street. I had really big difficulties to find the hotel in Yliopistonkatu, but finally I found it. The hotel rooms are clean and quite stylish and I think that the bed was very comfortable. The hotel breakfast was very good, much more than what I was expecting from a small hotel like this. The hotel staff was very helpful and I enjoyed their hospitality very much. It seemed that the hotel was not very busy during winter, but I think that during the summer it is very popular.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and peaceful, due to the location in a courtyard
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice, small and very peaceful hotel. Clean room, comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast with lots of different choices. Friendly staff. Free WLAN. One small negative issue was a very small bathroom otherwise an excellent choice.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jaana K
Reviewed February 4, 2013

It's a very nice and cosy hotel. Friendly staff. Central location. Fantastic breakfast!!! Evening buffet is also not bad - for 10 euros in Finland. :)
Nothing to complain about :)
I would recommend it to everyone

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple