“Excellent value with character and good service”

Best Western Hotel Seaport
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Turku
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I chose this hotel based on prior positive reviews, and I was a bit surprised at what a good value it really was. It is a very nice base for exploring Turku, especially as it is next door to the famous Turku castle. The cruise lines are right outside the hotel, and my room faced the Viking line, but it was very quiet and did not disturb my sleep at all in the two nights I spent there. The hotel has character, not fancy but interesting. My room was spotlessly clean and larger than I expected, and internet as well as television worked very well. Breakfast provided a lot of options, and I noticed that on the second floor there is a very nice play area with toys for children. I felt very safe as a single woman traveling here. When I made arrangements to check out very early the next morning, the person at the desk offered to have breakfast made for me, because I would be departing for the airport before the breakfast room was set up. A brown bag with a nice large breakfast was ready for me at the desk in the early morning, which was very nice for me. Much appreciated!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank dianep29

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We spent 2 nights here before catching the ferry to Stockholm. The hotel is about 4km from Turku and the walk along the river canal is lovely. On the 2nd day we caught the bus into town. Our hotel room was clean and quiet with free internet. The breakfast was tasty with a range of choice. www.travelpeeks.com

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was an amazing simple hotel right by the sea port. We spent one day walking along the beautiful river. So many boat restaurant along the river. We had a beautiful relaxing time. The next day we spend a fantastic day on a Viking ship threw all the thousand islands around the Turku area. This area is noted for their aurcopelo islands. The hotel has a great breakfast and about 30 steps to the ship amazing location. If you don't want to walk there is a bus that runs every 20 minutes to all over Turku. Taxis etc.. Quiet beautiful location.

Room Tip: They are all the same. Very simple clean hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2013

After a spontanious decision to spend a night in Turku we chose this hotel due the very reasonable last minute price and free parking. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room and breakfast and 3 km walk to the town centre alongside Aurajoki river offered many interesting stops (a bus runs directly from the hotel and ferry terminals, so public transportation to/from town would be available as well). I would be happy to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here with the kids on a bicycle trip to Åland. Very friendly and professional staff and we got to store our bikes inside. Perfect location considering Viking line or Siljaline ferries. Ok rooms.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a very convenient place for an overnight stay in Turku. Walking distance to the city center, and there is also a public bus at a reasonable price. Rooms haven't been refurbished recently, but yet immaculately clean. Also children friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I visited this hotel during a business trip.
arking uotside are in limited number, but one was available for me.
The hotel stands close to the ferry terminal and is possibly ideal for travellers having to catch an early morning ferry.

I did not find the hotel particularly attractive in any area, nor I'd express a fully negative judgment.

The room I got on the first floor was essential, [erhaps a bit sad. A small weakness was the metal roof, quite noisy due to the rainy night.

Bathroom was also basic, but clean as all the areas of the hotel.

Beakfast

Overall the experience was not negative, but I woudl not have spent in that Hotel a longer staying.

A bit disappointing was only the fact that at ceck out I was charged with an amount higher than agreed at booking, and the correction took some time as the booking could not be found.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business