Holiday Inn Turku
$161
$140
ScandicHotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Tuure Bed and Breakfast(Turku)(Great Value!)
$74
Hesehotelli(Turku)(Great Value!)
$101
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I spent a weekend in turku with my wife anf had reserved a double room. The room was really small and had a small bed that you usuallually get when booking room for one person. The lady at the reception explained that most double rooms indeed have beds like this. Think it was 140 or 150 cm wide.

Otherwise ok hotel and great location

Steve

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed overnight in this hotel on my ex tempore trip to visit the European capital of culture. I didn't have any advance-booking, and the hotels were fully booked apart from this downtown Holiday Inn. My standard single room was small & basic, but clean, well furnitured & equipted. The breakfast buffet suffered somehow of conquestion (because of so many families with kids), but managed to get a table in the lobby bar nearby.
This was my first stay at this hotel chain, and will not be the last!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Although at first glance a rather uninspiring, rectanglular building from the outside, I was pleasantly surprised when I entered the reception, and more so when I arrived on the fifth floor. 'Space age' were the words which immediately jumped to mind - the circular corridor, as I made my way to my room, flooded with sunlight from both sides and reminiscent of a spaceship I thought, as I glanced into the central (again) circular courtyard. My room was lovely, well worth the trip from London as were the friendly smiles and 'hellos' from the housekeeping staff on a daily basis as I passed them. Yes, I'd certainly stay again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We lived here with 2 small kids for three nights.

Because we are a family and need some space, we had ordered an executive room - which cost 24 Euro extra per night.

We were really disappointed when we saw the room, which was very small.

We are also used to get a real bed for our eldest kid, but here we only got a "stable of pillows" which make som sort of a bad mattress when we lay them on the floor.

There was hardly space for our stroller in the room, and to get place for the extra "mattress" we had to rearrange the furniture in the room.

In the end there was absolutely no floor space left.

I asked in the reception to get a bigger room, but I was told that they had no bigger rooms. I also asked for a better bed or mattress for our eldest kid, but they said they don't have any real beds or mattresses.

The location is OK, but there are many hotels in Turku with better location.

The positive thing was that they have a playroom for the kids, but it is very small and hot - and with old and worn toys - many of them also out of function.

The breakfast was also kind of positive, because they have many good things to choose from. But it often gets empty for some things, and the breakfast place is not big enough for all guests - and they don't have enough children's chairs. There were also many of the lamps in the roof not working, so we kind of ate breakfast in the darkness.

They also have Wi Fi Internet there which they charge extra for, and the network some times work - but most of the time doesn't work at all (we had 2 iPhones, and most of the time none of them could find the network). I tried to call Sonera Homerun customer service to get help, but they told me to ask the reception for help - and the girls in the reception didn't understand a thing.

If i return to Turku, I will choose an other hotel.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for executive room - you don't get a bigger one.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Specially kid-friendly. Nice staff at reception, good breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family