“Terrible - avoid this place !”
Review of Hotel Harriet

Hotel Harriet
Ranked #10 of 10 Turku B&B and Inns
Espoo, Finland
“Terrible - avoid this place !”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Place is not a hotel. First impression is the terrible smell at the hotel when you arrive . Very very rude service or actually no service at all. Receptionist did not want to discuss with us about the room deficiencies. One of the 4 beds was a sofa not a bed.
Never experienced this so poor service .

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marjo T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Finnish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed August 9, 2011

At first the hotel looked cheap and not bad, but unfortunately this good impression was completely spoiled later.
2 months after our stay there, some 50 euros were charged from my account. What could I think of it but some kind of fraud? So I launched an investigation by my bank, and after 1 or 2 months it turned out to be a penalty for smoking. Which I DO NOT MIND - I do believe that my husband might try to smoke in the toilet, and I understand that the charge was just. But What I DO NOT UNDERSTAND is - why could not they inform me about this charge?!! As I locked my crerdit card, I was waiting for the investiagtion to finish, I don't know how many times I had to speak with bank officers and to visit the bank that works at inconvenient hours... All that trouble could be avoided if they have only sent me an email, and after I sent an angry letter, they never even apologised...

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Larisa M

Travelers are raving about these Turku hotels

Turku
Reviewed May 16, 2011

Room was dirty, small and ugly. It was only cheese, ham, bread, bad coffee and something like juice for breakfast. They charged me for more money I initially expected. Shower was in the toilet. After taking a shower it was a lot of water everywhere in the room. And all other rooms are just like that where we were.
I had a lot of arguing with hotel staff about returning my money I payed forward. At first I was told that manager is in hospital, after I was told that manager is going to France for a week. And then the receptionist told me that manager angry with me and does not want to talk to me. I did not get my money back and will form a legal complain to local authorities about situation in hotel Harriet. It is really the worst hotel I've ever stayed.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Ilja_T
Uppsala
Reviewed August 1, 2010

The "hotel" is one corridor.Five beds in one room.No cleaning of toilets.Breakfast in the corridor outside the toilets.Bad breakfast.The TV and Internet didn´t work.This is not a hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank CharlotteL_10
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2010

First of all this is not a hotel, but rather a B&B with terrible customer service and no effort has been made whatsoever to make it a pleasant hotel. Upon arrival, about 15 minutes after the check-in time stated online, we were told by an angry and annoyed man (most likely the owner) that we were too early. He complained to us how busy he was being the only one cleaning the rooms etc. When politely asking if we at least could leave our luggage there, he let out a big sigh. Eventually we were given a room but we felt far from welcome at this hotel.

We stayed in a twin room with private bathroom. The room was facing the street and very hot with no air conditioning nor fan. One window could be opened slightly but in the summer heat it wasn't much of a relief. There was also a smell of mould in the room as well as in the bathroom where paint was flaking off in the ceiling. It was obvious this hotel doesn't want to spend any money nor effort to make it nice for the guests.

The free wireless internet connection did not work and the reception on the TV was very poor. The screen was also so tiny it was impossible to watch from bed. We were very disturbed by noise from other rooms as the walls were so thin you could hear everything from next door.

Breakfast was included and served in the hallway. It was tea or coffee with bread and cheese. Not even a toaster was available and the coffee was awful. Again, no effort was made to serve a nice breakfast.

When leaving the hotel the owner just took the key of us without saying a word. When asking if we could store the luggage there a few hours he was very annoyed again and charged €2 per bag, even for a small plastic bag!

This hotel is defenitely not worth the price they charge and I can't recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank MariaBham
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Its an emergency measure only, in my view (unless you book one of the larger rooms). At least this is what I would say based on my experience. Although the location is decent, near the train station and a short walk away from the center of town, it just offers very little in the way of comforts/amenities... or really anything but a roof over your head for the night. Granted I paid only 50 euros for one night in a single room with a shared bathroom (in the hallway) and I booked fairly late (other hotels had gotten more expensive), but I would not recommend staying here unless you go for one of the bigger and more modern rooms (they must exist since they're showcased on their website)... then it might actually be very good value for money, but for a solo traveler with just 20-30 euros more you could get something a lot more comfortable (and with your own bathroom). They serve some drinks and fruit in the hallway in the morning and the service was fine, but overall quite disappointing really.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled solo