“Great menu for a reasonable price”
Review of Ravintola Astor

Ravintola Astor
Ranked #52 of 461 Restaurants in Tampere
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Astor is situated in the central of Tampere and offers quality food, professional service and relaxed atmosphere. We welcome families and groups of all size.You can enjoy live piano music every Friday and Saturday evening in the piano bar. Welcome !!
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have had a few dinners and lunches here and this restaurant is really worth trying. Staff is always friendly and helpful. The menu is large enough, just as the wine list, too. Live piano music at weekends. Unfortunately you almost can't hear it if you are sitting in the back corner. The food came really fast and it was saturday night! Food is always great and the value is perfect: very reasonable prices!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

In my point of view Astor has always been in Tampere and it's a very traditional Finnish restaurant. It has high quality, nice atmosphere and good service but nothing that special that it would be one of my favourite haunts.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I could not find the restaurant I was looking for in Tampere and Astor came on my path by change. From outside it looked expensive with nice covered tables and well dressed staff. I went for the brasserie dish with schnitzel, vegetables and potatoes. Wow, the food was swiftly served, good on temperature and the taste was terrific. So I invited me to a sweet desert and again this was very tastefull. Staff gave me the feeling to be a welcome guest, they were patiënt, friendly, polite and discrete. I will definitely come back! Prices here are very reasonable compared to other restaurants in Tampere, the average price levels in Finland are high.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

A decade or so I used to live next door of this place and I was a bit worried to enter that door again. Is it still as good as in my memories? Well, for good and bad it was exactly as I remembered. Nothing in decoration has been changed since my last visit! They advertise the place as Brassiere and so we chose the "olutleipä", basically a toast with a schnitzel and a blue cheese coating. Still very good but so heavy! So at least the "classics" are fine to try here.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Nice wine and some salad after a theatre show. There were actually a live piano music too. Very relaxing, I would recommend this place.