Tripadvisor
Tampere
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews sky bar top floor railway station nice view modern hotel big hotel the upper floors city centre business trip black sausage room was spacious finnish hotels the air conditioning moro design gym bathtub
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff gathered to solve my booking. I booked only one night instead of two. They called me around 15.00 asking the check out time. I asked to stay another night but they answered; Sorry we are fully booked. I knew that in in a conference in Tampere house attended almost 3000 people. My chance was close to zero yo find another hotel. They helped me. I got the same room with a fancy wonderful view from the 20th floor. They offered the same price even. Of course I will choose them next time! Many thanks.

Date of stay: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TorniTampere1, Guest Relations Manager at Solo Sokos Hotel Torni Tampere, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review!
I am glad we were able to help you with your stay in Tampere. Our hotel is frequently fully booked so it is always best to double check bookings. However we do try to help as much as we can. It was superb that there was a cancellation so that you were able to continue your stay.

You are warmly welcome the next time!

Reviewed January 16, 2020

One weekend night at this very convenient hotel. Location is great, easy access from/to the Railway Station and city center.
Our room was at high floor, nice views but the room itself was rather dark. Modern style but not at all bright overall lightning. Comfortable beds, effective A/C and wifi. Bathroom is partially in the room, not my favourite design.
Breakfast was ok Sokos Hotels style, a lot of variety but many tables full of dirty dishes. We visited Moro Sky Bar - nice to see Tampere all aroud. We also had our dinner at Grill It! restaurant. What a positive surprise! Tasty food and friendly service.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good review!
I am glad that you liked your stay in our hotel and especially the restaurants Grill It and Moro Sky Bar.
We have two types of rooms in which the bathrooms are different. In the lower floors and in all the corner rooms the bathrooms are separate rooms. However the Solo Up rooms high in the tower have this new "Barcelona style", where part of bathroom is within the room itself.

Hopefully we will see you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed January 8, 2020

I tend to stick to my favorite chain hotels but this place was recommended by a colleague for my business trip to the area. Staff were friendly and helpful, went above and beyond, even helping me to order a restaurant delivery when I had a craving for Asian food. Room was always clean, plenty of towels, fridge, safe, etc. they also have a reasonable price on late checkouts. Train station is less than 5 min walk and there are many local restaurant options nearby. My only complaint, if you could call it that, is the limited dinner and room service menu. More casual options would be great but that’s a personal preference. Great bar with view on 25th floor! Would stay again on next visit for sure.

Room tip: I emailed ahead to learn more about room differences, got a corner on a higher floor
Date of stay: January 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your awesome review!
I am so glad that our personnel and our lovely hotel have charmed you.
Tip for all the guests: Ask from hotel reception if you have any problems or requests. We do try to help as much as we can.

Welcome again to our hotel!

Reviewed December 22, 2019

Reception personnel were very friendly and competent. The service in the restaurant wasn´t very smooth, actually slowly and at breakfast there were many tables with dirty cups and plates. Breakfast was tasty, but the there were also lack of some items (slow filling). The room was nice & clean and the view is excellent. Gym was very good.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TorniTampere1, Guest Relations Manager at Solo Sokos Hotel Torni Tampere, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2020

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good review!
I am glad that service at reception was competent.
I am deeply sorry about problems in the restaurant and breakfast. It seems that you have been here while a very busy time. I will forward your feedback to the restaurant and breakfast departments. We are always trying to find more convenient ways to work while the busiest.

Hopefully we see you here as our guest again!

Reviewed December 16, 2019

Hotel was conveniently positioned next to the Station. The restaurant and Bar were well serviced. The receptionists were courteous and friendly always willing to help. The rooms were a nice size with all the necessary amenities and a decent sized closet which is appreciated.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TorniTampere1, Asiakassuhdepäällikkö at Solo Sokos Hotel Torni Tampere, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review!
It is nice to hear a business opinion from time to time.
Our location really is optimal when arriving by train.

Welcome to our hotel again!