“A little bling bling into your life” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mango Hotel

Mango Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Tampere B&B and Inns
Porvoo
“A little bling bling into your life”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I booked hotel Mango on purpose. As a spoilt business traveller, I am tired of standard chain hotels that are, especially in Finland and Scandinavia quite boring. The location of Hotel Mango is contraversial. It is quite close to the city centre, but in an industrial zone. The hotel has a self-service concept, but the breakfast is included in the room rate.

We stayed in a suite with a small bed and livingroom, spacíous hall and tiny bathroom. The design is not Scandinavian at all, but one gets used to it very quickely. A lot of gold... Anyhow, the suite was very clean.

All in all, Hotel Mango in Tampere is an interesting and well-priced alternative for travellers who want to experience something different.

Room Tip: Two single rooms share one bathroom.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JAJORI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Finnish first
Rauma, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The hotel is located about 2 km from Tampere centre. We had our own car so it wasn't a problem. I think it is also from walking distance from the centre. It was cheap but really good. It is self service hotel but there were receptionist who will wait that everyone has check in. The check in was fast. We got the room number and also number which opens every door. The system worked very well.
We have booked a room for two but they gave us a suite. Nice suprise. There were bedroom and living room in rhe suite. They were furnished with personal style but very nice style.
Breakfast was ok. Maybe there weren't so much choices than other hotels but everything we needed.
We will use this hotel also in future if we need to stay in Tampere. Good value for money. And good atmosphere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
helsinki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I did not know that Mango is an on-line hotel. It was more like between design hotel or hostel. Self-services concept was ok and everything worked.
Lots of parking places a and okey breakfast.
Price moderate.

Room Tip: self- services kitchens downstairs and laundry/ironing room. No minibar that's good but big friz
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tarja K
Hollola, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We made a booking for this hotel for one night. Unfortunately we could not check in due to an accident. I had made the booking through Booking.com and I was very much aware of the cancellation policy i.e free cancellation prior 48 hours. Less than that - full payment.

Mr. Sataya from Mango Hotel phoned me around 10 p.m. and apologized for the late call. He asked if we are going to check in later at that day/night. When I told him that we are not coming but I shall however pay for the no show, he made me an unexperienced proposal.

I was offered a free night in the future because we could not stay now. He also confirmed it by e-mail.
Ten days later we visited Tampere and we used this remarkable opportunity. I have never heard of this kind of generousity.

The hotel is situated abt. 2 kilometers from the city center. The area is quiet, lots of parking area and everything is in good order. Hotel has no reception but they will send a code number which is the key for all necessary doors. Very practical and simple. If you do not have a car, many busses seem to pass by a bigger street some 150 meters away. This is also on the "right" side of the city if you are coming to the airport.

The room was big enough for two people, the bed was comfortable and the shower excellent. Outside it was silent the whole night, no night clubs or bars disturbing your sleep. If you are looking for a clean and safe accomodation - here you have it. City prices are all over 100 euros here you have value for money.

Breakfast was not like in Hilton, Marriott or Meriden but more than enough. Food quality was good and variation more than sufficient.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Globetrotter1948
Odense, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

I think this hotel is rather good for my situation. I drive and exhibition truck around Europe and am on the road for up to 7 weeks. So with a free laundry it is very useful to wash clothes etc. Parking is fine even for a large truck. Owners very helpful and nice. Rooms are interesting in their style a mix of oriental and modern. The place is clean, breakfast is fine unless you want a real cooked one, no bacon and eggs. For those who are on foot it only takes a brisk 15 min to walk into the centre of the town, it is on and industrial area but that is no problem even in the mornings. I will use this place again when I am back in the area. The internet booking is fine and the keyless concept works well. Security might be a little over the top but is no real problem just having to enter your code at every door.
A visit to the 170 meter high tower near the lake is well worth (at the time €8 the views are spectacular. Took me 45 mins to walk there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Townsey_1
Izu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed 2 nights, and found it to be more like a motel than a hotel It is located in the outskirts of Tampere convenient for access to freeways. Nothing special but it covers what you need to sleep. It offers free parking and minimum services. Self check in following instructions at the moment of booking. It has free internet, a laundry room for guests, a breakfast area, a refrigerator in the room and we had a small balcony, with a parking view but nice to sit and enjoy a bit of fresh air. Rooms serviced only upon demand. The hotel is a good 15 minutes walk from town, but on weekends you can easily drive, if you have your own car, and park in central areas. There are some nice restaurants in town. One night we did not feel like going out and we bought some ready meals at a department store in the city and eat them in the balcony after warming them up in the microwave oven available in breakfast area.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Helsinki
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I took a room in Mango Hotel because all the cheap hotels in the centre of Tampere were fully booked. Mango Hotel is situated about 2 kilometres from the railway station. I walked there (no problem). However busses go near the hotel. My single room was nice, clean and furnished in oriental style. I shared the bathroom with the single room next to my room. Breakfast was very good. During my stay I saw one person belonging to the staff. I did not need any help. The area is industrial. There´s several companies selling motor vehicles. I could imagine coming here again, if I can´t find a room in the centre.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo