“Italian style bar and trattoria with character”

Restaurant Piemonte
Ranked #92 of 467 Restaurants in Tampere
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We have visited Vinoteca del Piemonte now twice and it is one of our favourite bar/food places in Tampere. It is a short walk from the main street near the Railway Station and the Koskipuisto Shopping Centrein in the square overlooking the Orthodox Church. The menu is not large, but well chosen pasta and Italian style meals, and the Italian wine list is comprehensive, good and reliable, though pretty pricy. Most recently we arrived hungry for a late lunch after shopping. and chose for the main course kuha (perch pike) and mushrooms (€22.50 each) which was very well presented and delicious, followed by, for me, a platter of various Italian cheeses which tasted really good, and, for my wife, a panna cotta which seemed a little grainy or even overcooked. We chose a lovely bottle of Roero Arneis white wine, which we have never seen before - delicious! It had a pleasant flavour, and both fullness and freshness which was just right, but the price (€47.50) was steep. Service here is friendly and helpful, but the food takes a little while to arrive. The Piemonte has an attractive décor with a range of seating choices (both standard chairs and tables, and high stools and bench tables), attractively decorated round the walls with racks of wines and Italian food items. There is a (tiny) terrace outside on the street (for summer only). We will certainly go there again! Try it for yourself!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

One of my favourite restaurants back home. The menu is compact and manageable, food is tasty and the service very friendly/professional. Extra thanks for taking the email reservation. We see again!

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Pastas were really tasty, yam! Wine list is also very impressing. Service average and not as fast you could expect.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a nice Italian restaurant in the heart of Tampere. The menu is small and as far as I understood it changes every day. The wine list is comprehensive while the service is very good. The environment resembles small Italian trattoria.

On the negative side is the cost, especially for the wines. But with 24% !!! taxes on all alcoholic drinks in Finland you cannot expect much less. Of course 17 Euros for a plate of Risotto is also expensive.

Although generally in my trips I always try to taste local cuisines, unfortunately Finish cuisine was far away from my tastes. That’s why I had been in this Italian restaurant in Tampere and fortunately I wasn’t disappointed.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Wonderfull place with friendly athmosphere. Good winelist and menu is really good. If you are looking for intime and good restaurant for just two or pigger group i would say this is your place.
You have even possible try more expensive wine by glas, so you do not have to buy whole bottle.