“Eating well in Spain.”

Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Algorfa
Cuisines: European
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our moto 'Great food, service & ambiance' are the 3 things we belive lead to a great dining experience. The Vestry was taken over in 2012 by Gordon and Brigitta who have many years of experience in catering and who have also won various Local Culinary Awards.
Reviewed December 23, 2012

It was my first visit to the Vestry ,and it will not be the last ! Service was excellent, Food best of British food i have had within a 25kilometre radius,or wider range. I have been so disappointed over the years , people recommending places. and finding them mediocre, My friends say I am picky . Well I just think I like good food well priced and the Vestry is the place so go.So give it a try you won,t be disappointed. We only had lunch on our first visit , but i am looking forward to my return to Spain in March ,to try the Afternoon tea. and without dinner.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went several times to The Vestry during our vacation. We were never disappointed, the ladies were always very friendly, the food was good, the menu gives you a wide choice, and the atmosphere is relaxed. As we've been there about 5 times, we tried a lot of things. Mussels, salmon, pie, stuffed mushrooms, chocolate cake, everything was very tasteful. Price-quality is in order. So ladies, thank you very much!
Eric

2  Thank erik_marijke
Reviewed September 17, 2012

First class food and excellent service.

A bit out of the way and difficult to find. When in spain we very rarely eat in British restaurants, but The Vestry is the exception to our rule.

One of their specialities is pie. Their steak and kidney is fabulous.

2  Thank missilebob
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Please do not visit the restaurant, especially on the days that I would like to dine there, as I would still like to reserve a table without any fear of being told that they have no availability!
In all seriousness, the team there are doing a 1st class job of providing freshly cooked healthy quality food, in a formal but relaxed restaurant.
It is a refreshing change to alot of British owned so called restaurants on the Costa Blanca, were the order of the day seems to be produced by 'Chef Mike' (microwave).
It's nice to see fresh quality fish on the menu aswell. The chef should be very proud of his efforts in delivering well presented food at a reasonable price.
It would be great if the menu del noche was updated on a regular basis on their website, so we could see what's on offer before we book, but that's just nit picking really, 'cos I'm struggling to find anything to find fault with this charming restaurant.
Looking forward to our next visit very soon.

1  Thank ruckandmaul
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Vestry, a fab British restaurant in a small village. We had an amazing meal the stak was delicious....but it was the puddings that were spectacular....yum, yum will def go back